cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On average, how many of your buyers can you message via eBay per day?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I get a couple a week...maybe. Many of us answer more of the same questions here in the forum. 

I would rather focus on sales. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I wouldn't know, I barely message buyers. I only message them if shipping is going to be delayed due to a USPS holiday.  Unless something drastic comes up you don't really need to send a message a buyer.

Now if a buyer messages you, then you would want to message them back.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I don't believe there is a limit but I guess the main question is why you would want to?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

As many that want to unless you have them blocked.  But I don't get but maybe one maybe two a week.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Why would you want to know what the "average" is?

How many messages did you want to send?

10? 100? 1000?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

There is a limit. I don't know the number. 

@carniland_market wrote:

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

As many as you have, but why?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Don't think it is a good idea to "pester" buyers  or potential buyers with message - seems the world is inundated with "spam", "scammers" of unsolicited phone calls & e-mail.  Sometimes if I am in good mood i will  talk to them in a little Spanish  - like "no hablo de English" or if I ain't - speak in my well developed truck driver/sailor lingo that I picked up in the alleys on the south side of Detroit and later refined in the dorm rooms in K'zoo.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I get a couple a week...maybe. Many of us answer more of the same questions here in the forum. 

I would rather focus on sales. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I usually can pop off about three million messages each day.  Sometimes more. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

What kind of messages are you needing to send to buyers?

AFAIK, there is no limit, although I supposed thousands might be a problem.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Wow!! Amazing!! Awesome !!! - almost forgot >>>> Fantastic (f

reminds of a  joke from yesteryear - had something to do about going to  "Finishing" school - if you have gray in your hair you may know  what I am referring to  Hint:  " - 1966 or 67 when I first heard it

Time to get entered into the Guinness Books of Records, me Thinks or Stop Drinking Guinness Stout.  Your call but you can only do !.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@carniland_market wrote:

It is about 10 per day.  If you are thinking of doing your marketing through emails, that is not likely a good idea.  Ebay has a limit so sellers can't spam buyers.  Besides unsolicited emails to buyers is likely to backfire on you.  Some buyers will take issue with it and report you to Ebay.  Others will just refuse to ever buy from you again.  Some won't care.

Spam (email)

We don't allow our members to send each other spam. "Spam" is an email (or part of an email) that is both unsolicited and commercial in nature.

Unsolicited means the person who received the message didn't request it. Commercial means the message discusses buying, selling, or trading of goods or services.

Some examples of spam include:

• Unsolicited email offers sent to potential buyers
  • Email messages sent to a member on a mailing list without that member's prior permission
  • Invitations to join a mailing list that aren't related to your eBay Store
  • Offers to buy or sell off eBay
  • Email sent using eBay Messages (or features such as the Contact member link) to send unsolicited commercial offers

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=4262

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Looking at what you sell, impulse buy items drop shipped from China I can tell you that none of your customers are going to want to get any messages relating to them, nor are you selling the sort of item that gets repeat business. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

About 10 messages per day.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply