cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SINGLE CARDS.

When selling sport cards or similar items, what is the cheapest price that can be entered? I tried entering some small sets for less than a dollar, and got an error message from E-bay saying I must enter at least $0.99. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

SINGLE CARDS.

message from E-bay saying I must enter at least $0.99

that's your answer.  99c

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

SINGLE CARDS.

Thanks. Guess I will not be able to ship single cards then. Yet mot of the cards I have are only worth a few pennies. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

SINGLE CARDS.

Maybe you could group some cards together and list the lot for 99¢, or up the price a bit and offer free shipping.  However, with free shipping, if there is a return, you issue the full sales price as a refund even if you would not have had to refund shipping. 

I would think when buying such an inexpensive item, people would want to buy more anyway if they could be shipped together.  That doesn't always work, though.  I am selling paw paw seeds that we harvest from our own fruit.  The seeds are 99¢ each.  I have had about 3 people purchase only one seed and pay about $5 for shipping.  Of course, my seeds aren't in a lot, I have a drop down menu to choose quantity.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

SINGLE CARDS.

.01    You can go as low as

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

SINGLE CARDS.

Just  curious:  How much profit is there to be made selling an item at 99 cents?  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

SINGLE CARDS.

The better question is why anyone would even sell something for 99 cents let alone under 99 cents?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

SINGLE CARDS.

@mike_jayroe wrote:

Thanks. Guess I will not be able to ship single cards then. Yet mot of the cards I have are only worth a few pennies. 

Those cards need to be grouped together into "lots". Enough to charge $9.00 each.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

SINGLE CARDS.

@soh.maryl wrote:

Just  curious:  How much profit is there to be made selling an item at 99 cents?  

The fees for a 99 cent sale would be 43 cents or 43% of the selling price. Ouch.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

SINGLE CARDS.

I am in the process of grouping them now. I figured like me a long long time ago I only needed one or two cards to complete a set. I could go to shows to get them, but haven't seen any advertised in decades. Figured I use e-bay envelope service since it was so cheap. But nothing is easy these days.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply