cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Offer needs to be Fixed due non payments when you except a offer.

I recently was offered 1000 dollars for a Roland Piano and dropped my price by 500 dollars then the person would not pay for it. 

Yesterday I had an offer of 100 dollars on an electronic item for an item that was 150 dollars so I accepted the offer so far no payment no messages nothing.

I realize this is not the end of the world or the sky is falling scenario but come on. There really should be something done about this from eBay. I do have one simple suggestion here to eBay here and it is not asking much. 

My suggestion to solve this issue is so simple. It pretty much works like buy it now pay now or your item stays on the market if they do not pay right now. No reason to have to wait for week for the person to pay because they are shopping without the money in there bank. 

Another problem I have with this is the competition could be pulling your item off the market not from just eBay but from other sites like Mecarri, Reverb, etc. so they can sell thier item ahead of your.

Please fix this if anyone can hear me here eBay.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Make Offer needs to be Fixed due non payments when you except a offer.

Exactly, when you buy something online from a department store, or go to the grocery store you have to pay for it when you buy it.  It makes no sense that they allow the buyer to purchase an item and not pay for it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@paullee707 wrote:

I recently was offered 1000 dollars for a Roland Piano and dropped my price by 500 dollars then the person would not pay for it. 

Yesterday I had an offer of 100 dollars on an electronic item for an item that was 150 dollars so I accepted the offer so far no payment no messages nothing.

I realize this is not the end of the world or the sky is falling scenario but come on. There really should be something done about this from eBay. I do have one simple suggestion here to eBay here and it is not asking much. 

My suggestion to solve this issue is so simple. It pretty much works like buy it now pay now or your item stays on the market if they do not pay right now. No reason to have to wait for week for the person to pay because they are shopping without the money in there bank. 

If offers are not working for you, then you can accomplish exactly essentially the same thing by simply editing your listing and lowering the price and then notifying the "buyer".  

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

That is not a solution to make an offer at all. You are saying to do away with make an offer and list it buy it now right???

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You cannot change to buy it now pay now unless you do a completely new listing right??

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Exactly, when you buy something online from a department store, or go to the grocery store you have to pay for it when you buy it.  It makes no sense that they allow the buyer to purchase an item and not pay for it.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2021/11/1635971952.html

There were lots of buyers complaining about his being implemented.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Here's one of the happy buyers that has to have a payment option arranged before they make an offer: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/I-hate-ebay-even-more-new-requirement-to-pick-payment-method-to...

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

That is not a solution to make an offer at all. You are saying to do away with make an offer and list it buy it now right???

I am not saying "do away with" anything or that I have a magic solution to the non-payment issue with Make An Offer .

I am simply suggesting an alternative for people when accepting offers is an issue. 

If accepting an offer of $xxx is not working because buyers are not paying, then one alternative is to list it at fixed price at $xxx. That way, if the buyer does not pay them the item is available to be purchased by others.

And to answer your other question - no, this does not work for auction listings. But you never said this was an auction, and in your original post you said you "dropped your price by $500" so I assumed it was a fixed price listing.

eBay is currently working on an immediate payment option for Best Offer, but it is not available to everyone at the moment.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Hey:) Thank you for the Link. I assume this obviously has not happened yet but is possibly in the making?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

It seems to have been implemented to some extent, happy buyer here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/I-hate-ebay-even-more-new-requirement-to-pick-payment-method-to...

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

BIN with immediate payment required, solves all those nonpayer problems.

And your listings stays up until it's paid for.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

We already know what BIN does. This is make an offer we are talking about.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Ebay's "BUYER PROTECTION PLAN" is also highly problematic for sellers.  There should also be a "SELLER PROTECTION PLAN." I sell mostly vintage, so people really want it and it's all pretty much "one of a kind," so not many problems unless something gets damaged in shipping. (And I'm only very part time seller.) But there can still be snags with Ebay's policies. I've heard that resellers are having a LOT of problems with buyers who will buy their small household appliances (from like Amazon returns for example) and say something is defective when it's not.  They will return their identical broken item to the seller,  the seller refunds them. The buyer has a new item and the seller ends up with a broken item and no sale.   One protection is for resellers of electronics and small appliances to place an identifying mark on whatever they're selling to make certain they get their merch back.  But still, is Ebay taking any steps toward protecting their sellers?  I've heard if lots of sellers who just leave Ebay bc their seller policies are so unfair.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

We already know what BIN does. This is make an offer we are talking about.

Unfortunately getting paid for something on eBay does not

= (you get to keep the money).

1. Buyers can request to cancel the order.

2. You have to ship the order and hope it arrives without being damaged.

3. It does not prevent buyers from abusing the eBay Money Back Guarantee

or doing a charge back.

Buyer Management

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements 

1.jpg

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@paullee707 https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements If you check here, you can make sure your Buyer requirements are set so that buyers have to provide a payment method before they make an offer.  it's towards the bottom of the page. It is aggravating - why make an offer if you're not going to purchase at that price?

Message 15 of 15
latest reply