cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Bug with Accepting Best Offers (Accepted Offers Didn't End Listing)

Hello

I just encountered a major bug with accepting Best Offers.

I received four best offers for four items. The offers were for $40 each.

Screenshot_20240202-024830.png

Screenshot_20240202-024848.png

I accepted them all. As I was about to send an invoice, I noticed that only one offer had been accepted. The other three were STILL LISTED.

Screenshot_20240202-024923.png

When I looked at the other items again that I had previously accepted the offers for, it said that I HAD SENT a $40 offer. This is wrong. I received the offer, and accepted the offer. The eBay system somehow interpreted me accepting the offers as sending $40 offers

This isn't the first time this happened. I recall a listing recently where I had accepted an offer, but then I go back to the listing and it says the same thing, that I sent the offer I just received.

Also, I'm not the only one who encountered this bug. I have a family member that also sells on eBay and last week they called me regarding this exact issue. They stated that they accepted an offer but when they looked, the listing was still up and it was as if they didn't get the offer.

The bugs just keep piling up. I don't know what to do. I want to help eBay improve, but I am at a loss on what to do. A Customer support phone call would be extremely frustrating because it always is dealing with foreigners that barely understand the system.

I hope an eBay developer will read or be sent this post and be able to fix the issue.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Major Bug with Accepting Best Offers (Accepted Offers Didn't End Listing)

There have been many posts about this in the past few weeks.  Maybe an ebay rep can give some guidance to clarify whether it is a new process for a test group & explain if it's working as intended or is a bug.

devon@ebay

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Major Bug with Accepting Best Offers (Accepted Offers Didn't End Listing)

Has ebay put out any announcements on these changes or are they just a test?  It's weird I haven't seen any reps offering help, since this is confusing to so many sellers and buyers.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply