cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MZ WALLACE STRAP SWITCHEROO BY BUYER

Hello, the buyer for my MZWallace Chelsea switched the crossbody shoulder strap.  I had taken photos of the bag and shoulder strap of course, included in the listing.  First the buyer got me down in price and  it was a free ship listing.  Then the buyer emailed me that she wanted to return because it was "creased" and had "dirt in spots"  I asked her for the photos of both she didn't send any.  Then she said the main reason was the strap was not an MZ Wallace and the hardwared didn't match. That she sent photos of.    I accepted the return anyway as am familiar with pests like this and wanted to get rid of her.   When I received the bag back, it was obviously a switheroo.  The shoulder strap that was sent back was obviously nothing I had seen before.  Cheap and flimsy.  It is worth noting that the shoulder straps for the MZ Wallaces are hard to come by, sometimes MZ will have some to purchase, most of the time  not.  The bag also had no creases and no dirt.  This bag was worn a total of 2 times and was in mint condition.   The buyer had nothing to lose, free shipping both ways, only pd $99 total for the bag.  I learned a lesson, I relisted and changed my listing to no returns accepted and would highly recommend all sellers do the same for in -demand items.  I also was able to purchase a new strap frm MZ for $28 total including shipping. Seller beware!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: MZ WALLACE STRAP SWITCHEROO BY BUYER

wrote:

SUSAN..

What a horror story!!!Smiley Mad  This immomoral person  atole from  you in  three different ways.   First by sending back  this  expensive  bag  WITHOUT the original  strap.  Which you then  had  to  replace  with your own  money.   And  you  got  stuck having to  give her a  full  return---for only half an  item.   But to make this really a  nightmare---you had  to  cooperate in  this horrible MBG  program---which is  a complete  rip-off  for all  sellers.  You had  to GIVE her money  for S&H to  return this  item  (actually only PART of  the  item.)  to  you.

Even though I am strictly a  Buyer---I very much hate  it  when E bay is abusive  to  sellers.     And  that MBG   program is   the  worst thing  that  Ebay  has  ever  done  to sellers.   

I am so  sorry this happened to you.  Smiley Surprisedsmileysad:Smiley Sad

The reason Ebay has the MBG is because of the rampant scam artists selling on Ebay in the beginning.  It is not abusive to hold a seller accountable for the items they sell.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Leaving negative comments for buyers is a selling violation and wouldn't have helped you anyway since you apparently didn't check her feedback until after the problem occurred. Too many good buyers were victimized and left Ebay for good. Not all sellers are ethical and some used it as a punishment and/or leverage.

Sellers need to report these buyers and Ebay needs to do a better job of permanently removing scammers.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

SECRETS...

I do not understand your post.  You saw what this dishonest  buyer  was  able to  do  to   a  good seller.   Yet you seem  to  think  that she is in  the wrong?   Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

SUSAN..

Sellers can NO LONGER  leave Negatives  for any buyer.  That  rule was  changed 10 years ago.   So----looking at this  buyer's  feedback   to  see whether Negs had been left   for her, by  othersellers ---would not have kept you safe.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

wrote:

SECRETS...

I do not understand your post.  You saw what this dishonest  buyer  was  able to  do  to   a  good seller.   Yet you seem  to  think  that she is in  the wrong?   Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Read my post, I pointed out why the MBG is in place.    Where did I say she was in the wrong?

This is what I was referring to.....

Even though I am strictly a  Buyer---I very much hate  it  when E bay is abusive  to  sellers.     And  that MBG   program is   the  worst thing  that  Ebay  has  ever  done  to sellers.   

Without the MBG, Ebay would have gone the way of Yahoo auctions.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

The MBG program is great for buyers. There should be a similar program for sellers. Ebay has every right to be suspicious of unethical sellers, there are many many of them. I am a buyer also so have come across them now and then. There was one or two cases that ebay was inflexible with me as a buyer. One I can think of off hand is I closed the case too soon thinking the seller had rectified the matter. Ebay couldn't do anything to reopen the case and it ended in the sellers favor. The description versusthe pics I sent them were entirely different. I spent over an hour on the phone with ebay switching back and forth departments. I called paypal and they couldn't help me either. It was a case of misrepresentation. The watch advertised by the seller was black, he sent me a gaudy silver plated one. Ebays problem was there weren't any instructions on ther end how to reopen a closed case. Their should be a way to reopen a case on their end.
That said, unscrupulous buyers have found out about ebay. What a great place to scam a seller! You are always right as a buyer. Baantiiques said she has won all of her disputes as a seller. I will ask her to share...
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Please share your experiences how you won your cases

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

wrote:
Yes I guess if someone has a vicious plot like that, they will go to any lengths to fulfill their scam.

ScoobyRoo.jpgSwapping a $30 strap?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

You will soon find out "No Returns" means absolutely nothing on your listings.  Buyers will always use the catch all MBG to get their money back, justified or not. And if ebay doesn't work out they'll be running off to PayPal, 180 days there on a chargeback. 

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

YES!! LOL!
Message 25 of 25
latest reply