cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY CELLPHONE HAS BECOME NOTHING MORE THAN A PAPERWEIGHT FOR SELLING ON EBAY!

MY CELLPHONE HAS BECOME NOTHING MORE THAN A PAPERWEIGHT FOR SELLING ON EBAY!

I just can not understand why changing the landing page was necessary.   I can not use most of the default landing page features to print my labels, to see what sold, etc.   Up to last week, I was able to easily switch back to the classic site.  The classic site allowed me to be the most productive when using of my phone.    Now, the landing pages  are just jumping all over the place, very unreliable.     Its like trying to pin a tale on a drug crazed donkey.  Does anyone know how to get back to the Classic site: "Sold" page and make it stick.   

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: MY CELLPHONE HAS BECOME NOTHING MORE THAN A PAPERWEIGHT FOR SELLING ON EBAY!

Oh, goodness, I couldn't imagine trying to do anything online on a cell phone, other than general browsing! 

See if this link will work for you. If it does, bookmark it.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: MY CELLPHONE HAS BECOME NOTHING MORE THAN A PAPERWEIGHT FOR SELLING ON EBAY!

Tagging in just to see if anyone has a real solution. The mobile view and the app are total garbage. I too prefer the classic site but ebay seems determined to keep you from ever using it. I don't know what the hell is wrong with the people running this place. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You are correct. The mobile site is useless.  I was able to hit classic site and it took me straight to it. Now it just goes back and i hit back and try again. Over and over and over. I am so done with the mobile site. However it wont let me be done. Frustrating. 

RRR
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have tried every thing I know to get back to the "Sold" page and it is just not working.   All the other screens that it keeps defaulting to are soo congested; whomever made these changes have literally taken away Sellers ability to use their phone.   I had my functioning Sold page book marked, now it just keeps going to a messy default screen.  I can not even respond promptly to buyers questions.   This change is insane!  I mainly use my desktop; however when I am out an about, it "was" nice to use my phone.   eBay, this change is a mess.  Is there anyone out there who has found a successful work around?  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I use Opera Mini on a Microsoft Lumia 640XL smartphone, and the "classic site" still appears for me.

I am NOT using seller hub, but use My eBay and selling manager.

I can do most things, but many don't work due to the proxy server based nature of Opera Mini and its resulting javascript limitations.Any operations have to be done twice or more to succeed (used Opera Mini on my previous Windows Mobile phone from 2010, so years of experience with the quirks)

Can not edit item notes any longer, can't edit a listing description but can change anything else in the listing and relist, trouble checking out with PayPal on purchases, can't reply to posts here in the forums (text/edit box dead but can quick reply), and a few other issues.

Opera Mini is dead for Windows phones, but I believe still supported for iPhone and Android.

Might be worth a try as another tool in the toolbox to get things done (until the eBay code wreckers get around to breaking OM too)
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Still looking for a resolution.   Does anyone know how to get back to the Classic site: "Sold" page and make it stick?  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This will likely work ONLY if you're registered as an "individual" user...
-Find your account settings...should be linked to your user name on your current home page
-Click "subscriptions"
-Seller Hub should be listed...cancel that
-Go back to subscriptions...if Selling Manager is still an option, click it.
-Back out, sign off, sign back in.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Go to your account.

Go to subscriptions.

Uncheck seller hub.

Close and reopen browser.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply