cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MUST CANCEL GTC LISTING 24 HOURS BEFORE RENEWAL OR YOU ARE CHARGED

Ebay says this rule has been in effect from the beginning. Is that general knowledge?

Message 1 of 208
latest reply
207 REPLIES 207

Re: MUST CANCEL GTC LISTING 24 HOURS BEFORE RENEWAL OR YOU ARE CHARGED

I believe the change most sellers are referring to that we did not ask for is GTC only, not just the 30 to 31 day change.
Message 181 of 208
latest reply

@gregmm wrote:
I believe the change most sellers are referring to that we did not ask for is GTC only, not just the 30 to 31 day change.

No one, including myself have suggested or said they did.  The change they most certainly did ask for, which was all over the threads in March and April, was a fix to the 30 day renewal period.  There were many sellers that were all upset by that because it allowed for double renewals occasionally and they didn't like it.  

The most popular ask was to have them renew every 31 days.  Most didn't realize that that really would not fix the issue they had as in time, again they would have months with double renewals.  Some of us suggested a once a calendar month renewal which is what Ebay ended up going with.  

I do understand that some posters were talking about GTC in general.  I think you are absolutely right about that.  But I've read many posts where some said that sellers never asked for the renewal date change.  And that is simply not correct..

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 182 of 208
latest reply

Problem has still not been fixed.  

Listings are still rolling over a day early.

Continuing to be charged bogus insertion fees.

What a mess.

Message 183 of 208
latest reply

@backroomnoir wrote:

What a mess.

Doesn't surprise me at all. 

Anther member just posted on a new thread, that they were told by eBay (during the Weekly Chat on 8/7) not to call in for a refund.  They were told that eBay CSR's would not be able to issue refunds if you called in ... and that All Refunds would be issued automatically, by the end of the week.

Since today is Sunday (and technically the end of the week), let's see what happens tomorrow.  In the Business World, the end of the week means Friday, which is the last Business Day of the week.

Message 184 of 208
latest reply

@greg5000 wrote:

@backroomnoir wrote:

What a mess.

Anther member just posted on a new thread, that they were told by eBay (during the Weekly Chat on 8/7) not to call in for a refund.  They were told that eBay CSR's would not be able to issue refunds if you called in ... and that All Refunds would be issued automatically, by the end of the week.

Since today is Sunday (and technically the end of the week), let's see what happens tomorrow.  In the Business World, the end of the week means Friday, which is the last Business Day of the week.

That is a completely different issue discussed on the Weekly Chat last week.  You are confusing two completely separate issues.

Message 185 of 208
latest reply

@backroomnoir wrote:

What a mess.

I'm sorry this is still happening to you.  Lets see if we can get an update on this issue.  I'll tag the thread, but the blues won't be back until tomorrow, so hopefully we will hear from them tomorrow.

@Anonymous 

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

Message 186 of 208
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@greg5000 wrote:

@backroomnoir wrote:

What a mess.

That is a completely different issue discussed on the Weekly Chat last week.  You are confusing two completely separate issues.

It's the same overall issue (i.e. Listings Relisting Incorrectly and Charging Fees), and a continuation of a major problem that eBay needs to address quickly.

This is the thread I was referring to:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Errant-Good-Til-Cancelled-Fee-NOT-Credited-Back-End-of-Week-ha...

And this is what Brian said, in his opening message at Community Chat on 8/7/19:

I’d like to begin the chat with more information about the Good ‘Til Cancelled fees that were incorrectly charged on some listings. The appropriate teams were engaged quickly, and the issue has been resolved.  Any credits due to impacted sellers will automatically be completed by the end of this week. Since this will be automatically credited, Customer Service will no longer be able to credit these fees if you call in. Please let the automated process complete the credits by the end of this week.

As a reminder, Starting July 1, 2019, we changed the Good 'Til Cancelled renewal schedule from every 30 days to once per calendar month. The August renewal date for Good ‘Til Cancelled listings is now based on the listing initial start date or last manual relist or sell similar date. For more details, be sure to review the Spring Seller Update.

Message 187 of 208
latest reply

No it isn't.  The problem discussed on last week's chat had to do with GTC listing originally posted on July 1st renewing on July 31st and then again on August 1st.  The August renewal was correct, but the July 31st one was a glitch.  That issues cost some sellers [not all] some money in listing fees.  That issue was what was discussed in the chat and referred by you here.

The issue of some GTC listings renewing 24 hours before their renewal date shown in the SH is a completely separate issue and has nothing to do with the problem described above.

@greg5000 

Message 188 of 208
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

No it isn't.  The problem discussed on last week's chat had to do with GTC listing originally posted on July 1st renewing on July 31st and then again on August 1st.  The August renewal was correct, but the July 31st one was a glitch.  That issues cost some sellers [not all] some money in listing fees.  That issue was what was discussed in the chat and referred by you here.

The issue of some GTC listings renewing 24 hours before their renewal date shown in the SH is a completely separate issue and has nothing to do with the problem described above.

@greg5000 

I'm well aware about the problem discussed in the Weekly Chat (that I posted here), as I had also posted on the threads re. this.

As I stated in the post you just replied to:

It's the same overall issue (i.e. Listings Relisting Incorrectly and Charging Fees), and a continuation of a major problem that eBay needs to address quickly.

I said same overall issue, as there seems to be a trend here with eBay Improperly Charging Customers Re-Listing Fees and Improperly Taking Their Free Listings .

The new reported concern, is just another example of a serious problem. 

eBay needs to fix these issues quickly, and Refund Fees & Credit Free Listings for every eBay member affected by this.

Message 189 of 208
latest reply

But it isn't.  The only thing the two problems have it that it is related to GTC.

Not an issue.  No need for further discussion.  Hopefully one of the guys will stop in tomorrow and give an update on the issue that is the topic of this thread.

Message 190 of 208
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

But it isn't.  The only thing the two problems have it that it is related to GTC.

Not an issue.  No need for further discussion.  Hopefully one of the guys will stop in tomorrow and give an update on the issue that is the topic of this thread.

But it really is. 

The related things are:

• GTC
  • eBay Improperly Relisting Early
  • eBay Improperly Charging Fees
  • eBay Improperly Deducting Free Listings (if a Fee wasn't charged)

It's an issue, a big one, and in need of a quick resolution by eBay.

Too bad one of the guys isn't here on the weekend to assist customers.

Message 191 of 208
latest reply

I thought you had some IT experience?  I honestly could be remembering that wrong, I apologize if I am.  

Not every issue with a give subject regarding something is the same issue.  So each problem that may arise with the search, or the listing form, or GTC is the same issue.  And they may not even be related even though they share something in common.

Kind of like cars.  When it isn't running right, that doesn't mean the whole engine is bad, it means a component or part isn't functioning the way it should.  It has to get identified to be successful in fixing the issue at hand.  It is the same for this kind of thing.  There are lots of moving parts.  

If we need help on the weekends, there is always the call center, twitter or Facebook.  It isn't like we have been deserted.  Those options are available to everyone.  

Message 192 of 208
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@backroomnoir wrote:

What a mess.

I'm sorry this is still happening to you.  Lets see if we can get an update on this issue.  I'll tag the thread, but the blues won't be back until tomorrow, so hopefully we will hear from them tomorrow.

@Anonymous 

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

Thanks for the tag @mam98031!

Hi @backroomnoir -  If you will get me a few item number examples I can get it reported, as this should have been resolved last week. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 193 of 208
latest reply

This is my posting ID, so I'd rather not give out the item numbers.  

If you can see my store account, the last 9 insertion fees on August 11. 

If not, I'll just call in again, as I've already had over 700 insertion fees credited.

I do recommend calling in to others who have this problem.  Despite it being resolved last week, CS denied my claim 4 to 5 times, after they assured me it was being taken care off.  Only when I spoke to a supervisor directly, was the credit issued.  Still, they denied the problem all the way... yet it evidently still continues.  

Message 194 of 208
latest reply

@backroomnoir wrote:

This is my posting ID, so I'd rather not give out the item numbers.  

If you can see my store account, the last 9 insertion fees on August 11. 

If not, I'll just call in again, as I've already had over 700 insertion fees credited.

I do recommend calling in to others who have this problem.  Despite it being resolved last week, CS denied my claim 4 to 5 times, after they assured me it was being taken care off.  Only when I spoke to a supervisor directly, was the credit issued.  Still, they denied the problem all the way... yet it evidently still continues.  

Hi @backroomnoir - this may be a situation to have CS review in more detail, but from what I can see:

The 9 items that charged an insertion fee on the 11th were not impacted by the billing issue that occurred on the 31st of July. I see that they were originally listed on the 11th of July and and they renewed on the 11th of August, as they should with the move to monthly renewals.  Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 195 of 208
latest reply