cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC011...another one bites the dust

Though I haven't been around quite as long as some of the recent posters who also fell victim of eBay's Trust and Safety department, I seem to have ended up in the same place. Like those other posters, my account is clean (100% positive feedback, zero defects, and numerous repeat buyers). And I'm sure those other posters have dealt with the arrogance (bordering on childlike) demonstrated by the T&S staffers (e.g., simply repeating the same responses over and over, regardless of the question; hanging up when pressed for a supervisor; and even laughing at the circumstances caused by their unwarranted decisions). Though I compliment the front line staff of eBay's customer service department, and thank them for much help over the past two years, my recent dealings with the Trust and Safety department show that there is definitely a culture problem in the "back offices," where smugness and arrogance seem to be defining characteristics. It seems that once again, when given a degree of power, simple people simply can't rise to the challenge of using it in a fair and equitable way. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: MC011...another one bites the dust

@jack_bucks_ghost wrote:

the flagging of the account happened a week before these were posted...but i do see your point--though selling of presale boxes in quantity is pretty common in the sports card market on eBay for those lucky enough to get access to quantity as i recently have.

still, i would like to point back to my original post. i fully cooperated in the process and offered tons of evidence to validate my account and my sales history (i too appreciate the guards against scammers). my issue as stated in the op is with the arrogant and borderline abusive way that the Trust and Safety department interacts with eBayers. even if one cooperates, as i did, for mulitple reviews in 4 weeks, they are still treated in a manner that is not in any way indicative of the supposed community of buyers, sellers, and staff that gets promoted. i follow the rules, and learn how to make needed corrections when i do get something wrong, but i do not in any way find it acceptable to be hung up on because i ask for a supervisor, or to receive copy and paste email responses of the previous email i just asked a question about, or to be called a scammer with no recorded cam, or to be laughed at when i note the potential financial hardship the situation is causing. rules are great to protect us, but we should not be subjected to the arrogant and childlike whims of those tasked with the process.

p.s. my other listings were removed early in the week to make sure buyers were not caught in limbo while i waited for a response from T&S

Did you relist items you had previously been reprimanded for? 

MC011 is often related to situations where the seller can not prove the items for sale have been paid for and with a legitimate authorized seller. 
That may be part of your current issues. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: MC011...another one bites the dust

oh no, never relisted anything that was called out by ebay...actually don't think i have had any listings flagged by them, at least directly...good question, though...thanks

Message 17 of 17
latest reply