cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC011 account restriction

So, the past week with eBay has been the definition of a nightmare. First, I was hit with a "performance review" on 13May that froze my funds. It was supposed to expire on the 18th, but it did not. It finally expired on the 19th, but was immediately replaced with a MC 011 account restriction. The email that I was supposed to reply to was to an inbox that couldn't receive messages. After finally navigating that hurdle,  I learned that I needed to upload all my tracking information,  despite the fact that my items were all delivered days ago and the tracking info was already uploaded. 

eBay has become an abysmal place to do business. Customer service is a joke. They're a little too eager to lock your account and hold your money ...then tell you just to wait. 

As soon as my funds are released,  I will be leaving this cesspool company. 

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Been seeing a lot of MC011's over the past year, even more the last 6 months.

Like others have told you, provide exactly what they ask for, no more or no less. 

Glancing over what you have sold does not raise any obvious concerns but I know that a sellers sold items rarely ever shows everything sold.

If it gets worse, try contacting eBay for business through Facebook.

Stick to the facts in your presentation. Keep it as short as possible and easy to read by using paragraphs like you did in your post.

Hopefully it will be resolved before you go that route if you have not already. 

It takes a while to get traction on ebay as a new seller, even if you know what you are doing. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

It is because you are a brand new account and you sold some higher value items out of the gate.

All new Sellers have holds.  Even those registered for years who take a selling hiatus.  It is not your account, personally, it is all new accounts.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 45
latest reply

The prices of the items I sell are irrelevant.  The hold after hold after hold is ridiculous! I have zero complaints, positive feedback from most of my buyers. 

Even after the 2 holds I mentioned in my original post were released,  a new hold was immediately put in place. This time demanding I produce receipts for all my sold items. 

This has nothing to do with the integrity of the site. It's about them scamming money. That's why they wait until AFTER the sale to implement these holds. 

If it was truly about the integrity of the platform,  these demands for information would be made prior to the items being posted for sale. But, by waiting until the items are sold, eBay gets to lay claim to your money if you can't satisfy their demands. As a seller, you've lost your items AND your money

You can defend ebay all you want, but it's a terrible way to do business. 

Message 3 of 45
latest reply

They do inform sellers of these holds, it is up to all sellers to educate themselves on the process and policy on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&s...

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 45
latest reply

Keep defending them and sucking up to them. 

They are intentionally waiting to lock accounts until someone has a bit of money in there, then making it impossible to unlock it. Most MC011 appeals fail. 

Message 5 of 45
latest reply

@newfortw82 wrote:

Even after the 2 holds I mentioned in my original post were released,  a new hold was immediately put in place. This time demanding I produce receipts for all my sold items. 

This has nothing to do with the integrity of the site. 

Actually it has everything to do with the integrity of the site.  I do agree with you that they should require receipts before you list new item as a new seller but they don't.  In order to understand their suspicions, all you have to do is watch the news.  When they see a new seller come in with "new" higher value items, they have every right to want proof that the items haven't been stolen.  Not saying you did that but you have to admit with all of the rampant retail theft over the last year, sites have a right to be suspicious and take precautions.  New seller with new items equals red flags.  Didn't use to be that way but it is that way now and most likely won't change.

If you provide them what they want, they will give you your money.  

Message 6 of 45
latest reply

@newfortw82 wrote:

Keep defending them and sucking up to them. 

They are intentionally waiting to lock accounts until someone has a bit of money in there, then making it impossible to unlock it. Most MC011 appeals fail. 

eBay doesn't need to freeze our nickles and dimes - all that does is end up with money sitting with the payment processor or just dead in an account - who does that?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 45
latest reply

Been seeing a lot of MC011's over the past year, even more the last 6 months.

Like others have told you, provide exactly what they ask for, no more or no less. 

Glancing over what you have sold does not raise any obvious concerns but I know that a sellers sold items rarely ever shows everything sold.

If it gets worse, try contacting eBay for business through Facebook.

Stick to the facts in your presentation. Keep it as short as possible and easy to read by using paragraphs like you did in your post.

Hopefully it will be resolved before you go that route if you have not already. 

It takes a while to get traction on ebay as a new seller, even if you know what you are doing. 

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

@newfortw82 wrote:

That's why they wait until AFTER the sale to implement these holds. 

It would be kind of hard to hold the buyer's payment before the buyer paid. 

Message 9 of 45
latest reply

Ok, and what happens when they don't get that proof after the sale? Do they demand the buyer return the item? Do they refund the buyer?

No, they simply lock the seller out, keep the money, and the buyer keeps the merchandise 

Message 10 of 45
latest reply

I don't know what all it shows,  but I've sold a grand total of 11 items. 

I thank you for the advice. I will try the Facebook approach if this last effort fails. 

Message 11 of 45
latest reply

But it would be easier to ascertain if the items were legitimate if these requirements were asked before the sale. 

That's why I do not believe it has anything to do with integrity of the platform. 

I had no problem providing my ID. That should be a requirement when creating an account. 

It's this receipts after the sale that rubs me wrong. I would bet that most people don't still have the receipts laying around for every item they sell. 

Message 12 of 45
latest reply

@newfortw82 wrote:

That's why they wait until AFTER the sale to implement these holds. 

It's kind of hard to hold money BEFORE the sale! No sale has been made, thus there's no money to hold.

@newfortw82 wrote:

If it was truly about the integrity of the platform,  these demands for information would be made prior to the items being posted for sale. 

Again, how can ebay request receipts or information about your sources before items are posted? You're a new seller and they don't know what you're going to sell so it's impossible for them to request receipts! It's only after you've listed items that they can see what you have and to request verification. 

Another point to consider is that you're selling a lot of electronics items, some of which you have multiples. Although not alleging that this is how you came into possession of your items, electronics are often stolen in smash-and-grabs and are high fraud items. Ebay wants to make sure that items were legally obtained.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 45
latest reply

Simple. 

When creating the listing,  request proof of ownership. Customer service reviews the listing before it goes active. 

Listings are validated/rejected before any money changes hands. 

No one is left in limbo trying to scrounge info with their money being tied up. 

Message 14 of 45
latest reply

Also, I think you missed something. 

This request didn't happen while the items were listed. It happen after my items had been delivered to the buyers 

Message 15 of 45
latest reply