cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Coupon

I sold a coupon.  The buyer came back weeks later and told me that it was already used and he wants his money back.  

I find that nearly impossible.  I never used it.  I shipped it directly to him.  What will Ebay do in this situation?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Lowes Coupon

Once,I bought some Lowe coupons on Ebay,Lowe scanned it and said they are fake,any one who has access to a commercial printer can print those coupons,it was embarrassing as I have so many,I passed some to the folks in line.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

@psimamazing1234 wrote:
I tried to ask the buyer for that information, and he said he didn't have it.... I guess it's not worth the argument....

It's also not worth the argument because it is probably written in the fine print that those coupons are not redeemable if transferred or sold on online auction sites.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@fuzzface50 wrote:

i buy gift cards quite frequently but will never buy one that shows the barcode or number in the listings. Learned years ago that mistake that they will  arrive empty when those are visible in the listings.

And that goes for gift cards from anywhere.

Thieves go into stores. Pull the gift cards off the rack. Scratch the codes. Photograph the card with their  phone, and put the card back on the rack.

They then lie in wait on the internet constantly checking to see if the card gets activated when someone purchases it.

They then pounce on it to empty the card before the real buyer uses it.

Some gift cards now make it harder to get all the needed #'s that way.

Some no longer allow checking balance online, or by phone.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

"Some gift cards now make it harder to get all the needed #'s that way.

Some no longer allow checking balance online, or by phone."

i found out that walmart has a problem with  their checking balance online and i reported it to them but they just argue with me that it is totally safe or say they will look into it.  i liked buying their cards at those coupon sites seeing i worked there and combining it with my emploee discount it can add up.  i never have a problem if i don't check the balance but just use them but if i check their balance, it is cleaned out  a few hours later online or some other state cross country from me.  

had a lady in front of me not long ago and her  gift card was denied. i asked her if she checked her balance?, and she said yes, last night that is why she knew the card was still good. then i explained to her that was the problem that walmart has a security breach in their balance checker. So after a few years, they still have a problem that they won't admit to.

So far that is the only company i had problems with and i have some cards or paper printed codes from other retailers that have been here for a while.  Like my autozone cards i just used was getting 6 months old but i brought it back then because i got it for  25% off. 

yep, learned never to check walmart balance online unless i am heading to the store right away and never use my landmark bank account online but that is a different story.  Other cards and banks are fine so far for me, knock on wood though, you just never know, scammers are getting better and craftier.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply