cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Coupon

I sold a coupon.  The buyer came back weeks later and told me that it was already used and he wants his money back.  

I find that nearly impossible.  I never used it.  I shipped it directly to him.  What will Ebay do in this situation?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Lowes Coupon

They'll expect you to refund the buyer, and if you don't they will and take the refund from you plus give you an unresolved by seller defect.

I know that's harsh, but it's the truth.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

I do not get it.

I put in Lowe's coupons for June 2018, and it brought me to a number of websites where it is offering me codes and the ability to download this 10% coupon.

Why would someone pay you for it?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

One might almost think that the buyer, somehow, discovered that the coupon was free and became somewhat 'ticked off' at having paid for one.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

Anyone could have printed the coupon from the image in your listing, a barcode reader doesn’t need the numbers at the bottom for it to read the code.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

@emerald40 wrote:

I do not get it.

I put in Lowe's coupons for June 2018, and it brought me to a number of websites where it is offering me codes and the ability to download this 10% coupon.

Where do you find a website with a 10% off coupon for up to a $5,000 purchase, for a max discount of $500? Please show me the link?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

@jonathankirkland wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

I do not get it.

Where do you find a website with a 10% off coupon for up to a $5,000 purchase, for a max discount of $500? Please show me the link?

Hmm well this is totally confusing. I tried to view OPs original sold item but every time I try to bring up the original completed listing ebay is like, "no that one is sold already, here go over here to this guys listing and bid on his quick!!!" -- no ebay, that's not what I want... UGH.... Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

Hi @jonathankirkland There is a clickable link in the word "listing" that will take you forward to the Sold listing you are trying to view. The blue-colored link is barely noticable in the sentence above this new suggested item eBay is now showing in place of the completed one. (The sentence reads something like "This listing is ended but we found a similar one for you." ) 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

@psimamazing1234 wrote:

I sold a coupon.  The buyer came back weeks later and told me that it was already used and he wants his money back.  

I find that nearly impossible.  I never used it.  I shipped it directly to him.  What will Ebay do in this situation?

If the buyer opens an Item Not As Described case, you will have to refund the buyer. And if you contest the return, eBay will likely find in the buyer's favor and will force the refund and then give you a defect for a case closed without seller resolution. Even with a No Return listing, the Money Back Guarantee overrides a seller's policy. Sorry. When it comes down to a he-said she-said scenario, eBay nearly always sides with the buyer.

The buyer has 30 days to file a MBG case with eBay, and 180 days to file one with PayPal's Buyer Protection program.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

You made the mistake of showing the barcode in your listing.   Very good chance it was used while the listing was still active. 

when you sell gift cards you never show the number or the bar code . 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

Did you keep a copy of the number?  If you did you can look it up and see when it was used and see if it was in your possession, in the mail or buyer's possession when it was used.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

i buy gift cards quite frequently but will never buy one that shows the barcode or number in the listings. Learned years ago that mistake that they will  arrive empty when those are visible in the listings.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

Thanks for your honest feedback.  I refunded the buyer. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

I tried to ask the buyer for that information, and he said he didn't have it.... I guess it's not worth the argument....
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Lowes Coupon

@psimamazing1234 wrote:
I tried to ask the buyer for that information, and he said he didn't have it.... I guess it's not worth the argument....

If the buyer used the coupon and is cheating you, he would obviously not give you that information and so it is not worth the argument.

And if he is honest and someone else used it because the code was visible, it is not the buyer's job to do your research for you so it would not even be appropriate to start an argument.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply