cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low sales

Hello, I just became Top rated seller and my sales are extremely slow now. I  put prices down, offer free shipping and my pictures are not bad but I still don’t have sales. Any new ideas? 
Thank you

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Low sales

This listing: 402679306551

- The photos don't show the pattern well.

- The lighting is poor.

- The bowls are very dirty. They need to be cleaned before you photograph them.

- The condition is horrible with all that crazing, and it's not mentioned anywhere in your description. It appears there may be other issues on the interior.

- The bottoms have marker all over them and that's not mentioned in the description, either. The bowls weren't sold that way at Pier 1.

- The title neglects to spell out Pier 1

- The price is really high for what it is, especially comparing to other Pier 1 cereal bowl listings.

- Title says cereal bowl, item specifics list them as serving bowls.

- Your competitor has a listing for 5 bowls (different size) in the same pattern for $21. Their bowls don't have any noticeable condition issues and the seller confirms in the listing, "no chips, cracks or crazing."

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 51
latest reply

Hate to tell you that TRS doesn't mean much to most buyers, price means the most! 

Sellers have complained of slow sales year round since 2000. Always a variety of excuses. There are far more sellers and items listed on ebay than ever. Despite sellers complaining about Managed payments and saying they'll leave. I heard the same thing when ebay went to Paypal only and eliminated checks and Money orders, but sellers continued to stay or ebay gained new ones.  Unless your selling necessities with little competition it can be difficult to have regular sales here. I gave up on that long ago. 

There's just an incredible number of competition here! Case in fact, I  had over 70 watchers on a group of 6 items, all of which I had best offer on. Didn't receive a single offer! Now, you'd think if these watchers were legit buyers I'd at least have a few offers! So as a test I removed the best offer and did the 'send watchers offer', which I'd never done before. The offers I sent were generous reductions. Again, not a single taker!! Goes to show, those who were watching were doing just that, either competitors, bottom feeders or simply curious. It was a very telling and extremely frustrating experience! Sometimes it simply doesn't matter what a seller does, it can take a long time to find the right buyer. I prefer to sell in person, as it's much less competitive, but in this risky climate it's not going to happen. 

Hope things pick up for you! Slow sales are simply hard to avoid. Don't take it personally.

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

the people that voted him in will be the same ones denying they did  in 4 years. lol.

Message 18 of 51
latest reply

I have experienced very low sales compared to any other time selling for the past 10 years.  I sell coins, tokens and collectibles, so my items I sell are a variety that have a great interest to most people.  I really think it has much to do with the Corona Virus and so many people that are out of work.  This is what I think, I have no proof beyond comparing great selling times and now having such miserable sales.  The only difference is the Corona Virus and the impact of it to everyone's lives in so many ways.  All we can do is listen to our health experts and stay safe everyone.

Message 19 of 51
latest reply

In reply to sodelight:  I did the same thing.  I got the same results when I had a number of watchers, no response. Now, I just don t pay much attention to the "watchers".  They are a joke.  P.S.  my sales are down too recently, but compared to last year they are way up.  I think the Covid 19 thing has helped as most people are now shopping mostly on line.  So hang in there everyone, we are just experiencing a slow period. 

Message 20 of 51
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Since this thread has gotten a bit off-topic, please bring the discussion back to the subject established in the original post.

Thank you.

Message 21 of 51
latest reply

There you go, people.  Problem solved!   EVERYONE go to college/university & get heavily in debt with student loans then, go get those $200,000 a year jobs that are all over the place.  Get the 11 year old kids to do the worthless, menial jobs because they can survive on $7.25 minimum wage.  LOL!

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

@lilineblessings   Go to WalMart and buy several white foam board panels, they are not expensive.  Use them to photograph on ... you are currently trying to manually crop out the edges of your plates and it looks like a real hack job, using Paint perhaps?  THAT's a lot of work too.

Google image search works best with a white background, just so you know.

Sales will go up and down over time, it has nothing to do with your Seller rating.  You've sold some stuff but maybe what's left isn't that desirable so sales slow down.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 23 of 51
latest reply

This is likely a great time, an opportunity

to sell before things get bad.

Improve the quality of photos, improve item descriptions, yes you may have to cut prices again.

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

cashvaluerecovery

Sorry, but don't let facts get in the way. Per The Business Insider (and just about every other financial site)........................................ 

• Contrary to popular belief, the stock market and economy have performed better under Democratic presidents than it has under Republican presidents, according to data going back to 1946.
  • Liberum, a UK-based investment bank, pointed to historical stock market returns and annual GDP growth to make the case that a Republican president's drive to cut taxes and reduce government spending often leads to lower economic expansion and stock market returns than when a Democratic president is in office.
  • Since 1947, the S&P 500 has posted a total annual return of 10.8% under Democratic presidents, versus 5.6% under Republican presidents.
  • And if you exclude the Great Recession and COVID-19 pandemic, both of which happened under a Republican president, the data still points to stronger returns for Democratic presidents versus Republican presidents. 

It's a widely held view that Republican presidents are better for the economy and stock market than Democratic presidents, because of their drive to cut taxes and reduce government spending. But the data says otherwise.

According to an August 21 note from Liberum, a UK-based investment bank, historical stock market returns and gross domestic product data points to a stronger economic expansion under Democratic presidents than under Republican presidents.

Message 25 of 51
latest reply

DJdaniel - 2.5 weeks in office. Nothing like giving the guy a chance. A little early to make a determination, wouldn't you say. Trump was headed for disaster with poor to no Covid 19 response, a ballooning deficit, a crumbling infrastructure, nearly negative interest rates in a supposed booming economy, **bleep** our resources and environment for short term gain, rolling back consumer and environmental protections, and that's just a start. He was and is a con man. He is a failed businessman and cereal liar. Nothing more. 

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

Try either Fotofuze or Photoscissors to remove your background. Both are free and work pretty well. 

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

Here is one of your photos edited.

test2222.jpg

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

Sorry, meant 'serial' not 'cereal' (we are not talking breakfast here).

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

@goldrushfinds wrote:

Here is one of your photos edited.

test2222.jpg

That looks good.  I agree, it's better not to even try to go for the white background if it comes out as poorly as some of these photo editing programs produce, or if one doesn't have the time to diddle with it.  One listing for a pair of nice mugs looked distorted in the gallery photo with the background removal, but the original photo, also included in the listing, was quite nice, displayed on an ivory coloured cloth with good detail and clarity.  I'm really sympathetic to the trials of trying to get decent photos - it has been a real struggle for me to get decent photos of clothing living in the woods in a dark climate, as I do.  I tried almost everything and spent plenty of money doing it. I didn't get anywhere until we happened to install skylights as part of our home renos.  Let there be light!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 30 of 51
latest reply