cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low or no sales

Hello - the discussion I started seemed to have disappered.

Is anyone else experiencing drastic drop in sales or no sales at all for days.  We have no sales at all for almost two weeks now during the day from 7 am to mid night.  there are couple of exceptions.  any sale that happened only after mid night and maybe early before 7 am. 

Is anyone aware of anything that is causing this drop in sales.  I appreciate your input.  

Why did my last discussion I started on this disappear?  Am I not supposed to talk about that here?

thanks.

Message 1 of 279
latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

Re: Low or no sales

I'm not China but pay eBay monthly for a Store, etc. on a site where my items for sale are supposedly Visible and available to a prospective Buyer who happens to find it. Instead, I'm not getting what I'm paying for when my items don't show up in searches, when my items are locked by eBay for days in a row and even weeks out of sight, hence no sales possible. When the lock down opens up for me then sales pour in...meaning from 0 to suddenly 1, 2, 3 a day for about a week.

My previous sale was on 8/26 (2 sales that day), LOCK DOWN period and next sale is on 9/15 (1 sale), LOCK DOWN period again, it's 11 days now...that is 25 days with no sales, then 1 sale, 11 days and counting with no sales.

They have never told me that I would be doing business with them/paying them to slow down and even stop my sales.

Message 121 of 279
latest reply

My sales have plummeted. Worst ever 😞
Message 122 of 279
latest reply

no sales....no buying...simple

Message 123 of 279
latest reply

It is exactly the same here in the UK. We have seen our sales vanish in the last 3 months. After jumping through all the hoops and spending weeks sorting out our listings, still no joy.  When you go from £1000 a week in sales down to just £150, you know something is wrong. eBay are not interested in us `minnows`. They are only after Corporate Sellers these days. With the Chinese angle, we get to see exactly what they are up to on a big scale. Yes, they mail out of China and Hong Kong but eBay allows them to clearly state they are based here in the UK. Therefore, potential UK Buyers purchase an item thinking it is here because the Item Location says it is and at a much cheaper price than a true UK Seller, only to find after the purchase has been made, they have to wait weeks because it is being mailed from China, etc. eBay`s answer - they will have a `family member` here in the UK so they are allowed to state UK on the listings! Beggars belief. We have `family` based in both the USA and Australia but we are not allowed to state the items are in those countries. All in all, eBay is slowly dying a death. They are not bothered as they are getting Corporate Sellers in their droves. All they will do, is up the Fees again in the New Year hoping that another batch of honest sellers will leave and then they will bring in more Corporate and Chinese Sellers and make more money allowing junk and rubbish to circulate the World. We have it sussed. The Honest Seller gets a few bad Feedbacks and a `warning` from eBay. Chinese Sellers have 1,000`s of bad Feedbacks and still allowed to sell on here.

Message 124 of 279
latest reply

this site has gone to the dogs and is **bleep** now

Message 125 of 279
latest reply

Today, I searched my items for sale, and eBay says you have no items for sale. WHAT? Ridiculous - where did they go? If I can’t find or see my own items, how can I expect anyone else to. Working from my iPad with the updated app. UGH!

Message 126 of 279
latest reply

eBay does not like critisism. FULL STOP! Amazingly, someone does not like the TRUTH to be told - all we can say is this.

Message 127 of 279
latest reply

I called EBay yesterday as they looked at my account and said they dont see any thing wrong. This cant br right as I have had very very little sales since last month. I am generally very busy right now as I think regardless of what they are telling me something is very wrong.

Message 128 of 279
latest reply

Yeah, it is. When a company tries to be like another business to increase revenues (like Amazon), they'd better be 900% sure that it will work. It ain't working for eBay.  It's called 'creativity', and that's what eBay lacks.  I wished they'd focus on the auction part, you know, what made them who they are. BUT there's nothing but nerds running the shop. No, I ain't talking about smart people, I'm talking about arrogant CEOs who say that it's better to sell alot of stuff in a longer period of time than to sell alot of stuff in a short period of time. That's what eBay's CEO said, look it up. What a dingle.

Message 129 of 279
latest reply

I compared to last year am about $16,00 for the year and this month is almost non existant in July this also happened.  I search parts of my own titles on my phone through app and they don't even show up.

Message 130 of 279
latest reply

I'm going to read each comment, but anxious to insert my quick reply right now. This low or no sales is an extremely important subject/issue. With so few sales, I certainly have extra time to read all the comments and add to the discussion. Our store Seller Hub sales analytics, 49% down (and increasing) compared to last year. 42% down compared to 31 days ago. In June, eBay invited me to upgrade my store subscription with a %off for 4 mos, I went for it!
The subscription promo period is almost over. We're packing the store in hopes of early holiday purchases. We, too, do not have assorted listings not show up (established listings, not newly listeds) Item specifics are correct, listings are mobile compliant (according to eBay). Some eBay item categories are several pages, 14 or more, our listings no where to be found. Refine, search items specifics including location, still no listing visibility. Can't sell product if items aren't being seen in searches. eBay can be a terrific venue, but only when it's being managed to provide full COMPLETE service to all seller members, especially those who choose to pay for store subscriptions and provide quality products and service.

Message 131 of 279
latest reply

good post hummingbird-heaven, somebody is messing with something
Message 132 of 279
latest reply

venomrn911 ..yikes no items? and then 7 days to see them again ..holy wow!
Message 133 of 279
latest reply

1 sale per week on goods "buy at now"

Message 134 of 279
latest reply

Same here....I haven't had sales for the last 40 days.  And I'm clueless as to the cause....Probably the megalisters that sell books (my stock'n trade) for prices like $3.97 (with free shipping), the recent extreme weather events in the southeastern U.S.  These factors could have a definite impact.  I'll have to wait and see if the situation improves.  Good luck to all....

Message 135 of 279
latest reply