cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of watchers but no buys or offers... what is going on?!

Hello, hope you are doing well. Thank you for helping me! Anyway, I have a listing here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354787126009?hash=item529af5eaf9:g:JeMAAOSwfGlkXVpi

There are a lot of watchers and I have been constantly lowering the price of the item. Why are there no offers or buyers? I am confused, why is this happening? Normally when selling, this does not happen for me. When it reaches 3 watches, it sells on time. Please help, thank you and have a great day! 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Lots of watchers but no buys or offers... what is going on?!

You and 1000's of others. The economy has slowed thus slower sales. This is how retail goes up & down. I only buy what I have to right now kinda like when my AC compressor went out 4 weeks ago here in Houston. Not good thankfully it was not in August.

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Why are there no offers or buyers?

@livetourtech 

Well... it's an arcade game, for one. You've got a very small niche of buyers, would be my guess. Hang in there...

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

It is NOT the economy. That is going just fine. However something is going on. I always had steady sales week after week, no I was not getting rich, but I wasn’t loosing sleep. About 2 weeks ago it started and it is still awful. I did sell a 60 year ashtray yesterday from Lisbon, Portugal I took from the hotel room when I was 16. It was a big $13.50 sale. 

I am beginning to think eBay’s algorithms are screwed up. 

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Would you clarify this “economy slowing down” ..I really do not agree. We are still living in the same home, drive the same two cars,  nothing has changed for us. From everything I read there are many jobs available. So what is it. I get the air conditioner. I bought two new HVAC’ units for our home, that was $19,000 a year ago, and would love to have left that in my bank account. 

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

I will add your listing has a very limited customer which can cause that. You might want to keep adding other items. 

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique Yes, I think so too. Something is going on with eBay recently... my defect removal requests are getting no response... I am not getting the same amount of watchers... etc. 

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

@livetourtech 

Many of your "watchers" may be sellers with no intention of buying from you.

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Possible reasons for your slow sales:

Managed payments.

Promoted listings (a.k.a. pay to play)

Search is broken

Algorithm (whatever that is)

Throttling (ebay turned off your switch)

EIS (ebay international shipping)

Bad management and metrics system (a recent post)

The current administration in Washington DC.

Have a great weekend!  😃

sarcasm_meter3.gif

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

Half the watchers are probably kids who pester their parents daily to buy it.   A few others have something similar and just want to see how you do.  So out of 10 you may only have 2 watchers.  

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

Hi, some thoughts: You have been selling on this account for ten months. This time of year is a slow time for many sellers. It is possible that this could be the case for you. With no annual sales data to compare the last two weeks to, it is difficult to say for certain what the possible cause/effect could be. 

Keep in mind that views and watchers guarantees only one thing—that the item is at least being seen. If those numbers have not suddenly fallen off, then that would point away from a sudden algorithm change. 

Is there a second category other than Collectibles to list with? Wondering if adding another category might broaden your reach of searchers. 

One thing i would shy away from is constant lowering of one’s price. That doesn’t always build a sense of urgency to buy now. 

Hope this is a temporary lull in your sales and sales pick up soon!

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

Leave your politics out of it. I actually thought you were credible until until the last reason. 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

The cheerleaders always blame the economy, despite the OVERWHELMING evidence it is eBay shutting down the views of the non-PL extorted.

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

Leave your politics out of it. I actually thought you were credible until until the last reason. 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

I was being sarcastic.

That's one of the reasons many OTHERS use.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 14 of 42
latest reply

Past views and "watches" are no gurantee of current viewability.

Message 15 of 42
latest reply