cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Story Short.. CS Just told me to send A buyer $$$ for International Return

They literally told me, i needed the buyer to find out how much it is to return an item... and then pay the buyer and then have them return the items... i DO offer free shipping and free returns in USA, and international no returns..Customs opened the makeup products and tested them for whatever... And buyer complains they were opened and now wants to return them... Ebay says i need to pay the buyer to return them.

So they want international buyer to go to their post, find out how much it is for return shipping with tracking, and then tell me, and then i send them the funds via paypal... and then they return it. 

LOL??????

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Long Story Short.. CS Just told me to send A buyer $$$ for International Return

Yes, when buyer files an INAD.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Re: Long Story Short.. CS Just told me to send A buyer $$$ for International Return

So i am supposed to just send a international buyer some cash.... what if they just close the return?
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

I'd like to see the policy that says i need to send the buyer cash before they return it.
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

If the items weren't that much $ to begin with, it might be in your best interest to just refund the buyer and let them keep the product. I know this is definitely NOT what you want to hear but at this point, do what is best for your bottom line...the buyer is going to win this case one way or another...

Keep your emotions in check, I know you are fuming right not and I don't blame you for feeling that way...I would feel the same way too...I am just looking out for YOUR best interest in regards to your wallet and your account standings...hate to see a defect on your sellers account...

...sorry...Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Here ya go.     

Return shipping for sellers 

Who pays for return shipping – you or the buyer – depends on the reason they're returning the item and your return policy.

If the buyer is sending an item back because it doesn't match the listing description or it arrived damaged or faulty, you're responsible for the cost of return shipping, even if you don't offer returns.

Shipping labels for International returns

Language barriers may make it difficult to purchase an international return label. If you're unsure, try contacting the buyer to ask if they'll purchase an international label on your behalf.

If they agree, you'll need to send funds to cover the cost. Ensure the buyer uses a tracked service, and includes signature confirmation if the item's worth is $750 or more.

International returns and customs

If you're sending funds to cover the shipping cost, the buyer will be required to fill out the customs forms.

To ensure there are no delays with your return, provide the necessary customs information to the buyer. Double check that your information is correct, as falsifying a customs form is against the law and eBay policy.

Since you're the recipient of the parcel, you'll be responsible for paying any customs, brokerage, service charges or duty fees.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/return-shipping-for-sellers?id=4703

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@pius558 wrote:
So i am supposed to just send a international buyer some cash.... what if they just close the return?

When a buyer files an INAD, seller is responsible for return shipping, domestic or international.

When it's international, seller can't provide a return shipping label, so they have to send the buyer money by Pay Pal to cover the shipping.

If buyer decides not to return the item, you can get the money back through Pay Pal.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

And because the buyer can then decide not to send the item back (“Hey! Thanks for the discount!!), I stopped selling internationally.

If the buyer wants it they can use a freight forwarder. (Many of my customers do).

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

And because the buyer can then decide not to send the item back (“Hey! Thanks for the discount!!), I stopped selling internationally.

If the buyer wants it they can use a freight forwarder. (Many of my customers do).

I won't sell international either.

They know all they have to do is file an INAD and most sellers won't want to pay the return shipping and just give a refund.

Have a great day
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

I understand that, however the policy nowhere says i need to send them money before they return it. 

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

"If they agree, you'll need to send funds to cover the cost. Ensure the buyer uses a tracked service, and includes signature confirmation if the item's worth is $750 or more."

Doesn't mean i need to send the money first.   How do i know what the cost is? I'm going by their estimate? How exactly is the post office in another country going to provide the buyer a estimate?  I've never heard or seen that.  

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@pius558 wrote:

Doesn't mean i need to send the money first. How do i know what the cost is?

Looks like the language barrier is on this side?

Offer to send funds for the return shipping cost

Use the carrier's shipping calculator to find out how much return shipping will cost. If you're unable to determine the cost, contact the buyer and ask them to provide a quote.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

This is so easily exploitable, who wants to go on a international shopping spree with me?
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@pius558 wrote:
This is so easily exploitable, who wants to go on a international shopping spree with me?

I truly hope this transaction wasn't a large sum of money for you. 

Yes, you are right, this is so easily exploitable which is why I also do not sell overseas either.  This transaction might make you think about not selling internationally.

You are angry about this transaction and the buyer...I don't blame you, I would feel the same way too.  It might be best for you to close this case out ASAP just so that you can move past this unhappy situation.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I too stopped selling international.   International returns would wipe out any gains from 10 listings.   I had too many buyers expecting me to pay their tariffs and import fees.  

Message 15 of 26
latest reply