cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Photographs with the New Listing Tool

In the hope that someone from ebay with some authority is montoring this forum. I can deal with the new lisiting tool NO it is not better for those of usuing a desktop computer.  More clicks items easier to miss but as I stated I can deal with this listing tool.  OK, here is the problem what have you done with the photograph loading. Try to load 12 photographs kicked off try to load 6 photographs kicked off. Sometimes just kicked off. Now the biggest problem for me. The ability to edit photographs is IMPOSSIBLE. The amount of time it takes to lIghten/darken. contrast and sharpness just one photograph basically eliminates there use. I previously edited  all my photographs better photographs more sales. Now I might edit one if I do not mind sitting at least one minute or more while it loads. 12 Photographs 12 minutes or more. Old lisitng No time to edit almost immediate response surely ebay you can fix this.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Loading Photographs with the New Listing Tool

Just use a different photo editior & then all you have to do is upload the photo to the listings. Plus, your computer might already have a pre-installed photo editor. If you need something better, there are many photo editor software tools available in the market. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The photo upload problem sounds like either a browser issue or the remote possibility of high site traffic. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My photos upload a bit slower than on my PC. I have learned to hit upload and then complete my item specifics....and then double back and edit my pictures. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I was having problems uploading photos, but it was my internet connection.

Once I got it fixed, I haven't had any more problems uploading photos.

I don't use the photo editor so don't know anything about it.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@m_pthisandthat wrote:

OK, here is the problem what have you done with the photograph loading. Try to load 12 photographs kicked off try to load 6 photographs kicked off. Sometimes just kicked off.

It sounds like you may have a popup blocker interfering somehow, detecting that the browser window is attempting to generate an additional popup window for a file selection window, and stomping on that. If you can tell us whether you are using a Windoze or Mac box, and which browser, someone may have more suggestions.

I use Chrome on Windows, and the only time I've seen it go weird on me (generally by not responding to routine links) is when it's downloaded an upgrade and is waiting for me to apply it. (It shows a reminder in the upper right corner, asking me to stop and restart the browser in order to pick up the new release.)

As for photo editing, I would definitely recommend doing that locally on the host machine, and then uploading the photos when they're ready. On Windows, you can upload them all at once by Ctrl+Clicking on their filenames in the reverse of the desired order, then click the Open button, and they'll all go up at the same time, ending up in the desired order in the listing.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply