cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational chart request

Hi

So we got this aggressive, inquiring request in our inbox the other day, eBay wants to know a lot of confidential information on our company, I asked support and it is a legitimate request, has anybody else gotten it? Feels like and audit of some kind, we would consider not getting payed through eBay Manged payments, thanks for the help

-----------------------------------------

Please provide: 1. An organizational chart (not older than 6 months) which outlines who owns the entity under review. It should meet the following requirements:

• Full ownership and control structure of all entities and UBO under review, including all intermediate companies.   

• Official legal entity name, legal form and registered country for every entity appearing on the chart.

• Ownership and control relation between the entities including their ownership percentages

• Signature, name, job title and date of signing of the person confirming the organizational chart’s content.  

You may skip the following point (no. 2) if:

• The internal person signing the organizational chart is a qualified professional such as a lawyer, accountant or auditor; whose qualification can be checked through the official website of the professional body; or

• You have the organizational chart externally certified by a consultancy firm, notary, lawyer, auditor or other comparable official legal service provider from the registered country of the legal entity(ies) under review.

2. An official document that supports the submitted ownership and control information in the organizational chart. Examples may be (but not limited to): business registry extract, shareholder register, articles of incorporation incl. shareholders. If this document is older than 6 months, you may have the documents internally signed and dated by a qualified professional fulfilling the requirement mentioned in the previous point (no. 1).

3. Lastly, complete the Risk Questionnaire attached below.

The requested documentation can be directly provided to eBay via the following ---------------- . (PDF or JPG files)

If we are unable to complete the review due to outstanding information 2 weeks after the date of this email, we will have to temporarily pause payouts for the entity being reviewed.

If anything is unclear, please let us know – we can provide further information.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sounds a bit preposterous on the face of it. Where exactly are you supposed to send your answer? Was it to an email address ending in ebay.com, or someplace else?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Sure sounds like a scam to me..........was there a phone number in the email that you called?  Has a "not US" sound to the syntax......I'd ask on Ebay for Business Facebook page.....  I assume you (and most sellers) would not have the business structure, as they outline, to provide to them.....I sure wouldn't. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Managed payments might be interested in where all the new video games are coming from. And if the ownership of the company is obfuscated in some manner then I could see this request.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@gamingden 

Did you register your account as a business? Was the business a corporation an LLP or LLC?

If your registration was as an individual or sole proprietorship eBay would not ask for this type of information but rather would ask for your personal identification.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply