cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings removed because "it appears you listed stolen property"

Hello all-  I posted about toner a couple weeks ago. Yet again, new toner is the problem. Got an email from ebay tonight stating the above. Quick background- I own an electronics recycling company and sell viable equipment on ebay often that has been dropped off for recycling. We get toner in everyday, from multiple businesses and agencies. None contain a serial number, how they were deemed stolen is beyond me- they were not. I fear someone has a vendetta against me- the toner buyer I fought with last week, comes to mind. 

Anyway, a legal and law enforcement investigation has been launched. eBay will give me no information, nor my attorney, as any requested information must come from a local law enforcement office (I'm not getting the cops involved over eBay.

Anyone had this happen to them? Advice?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

@2013fitzp wrote:

Tyler explained to me that it is Xerox

that complained. They sell on eBay. The interesting thing was it was listed and sold within an hour. I received the email from eBay 3 hours later- not sure how comprehensive the investigation could have been in that timeframe. I am convinced Xerox is trying to squeeze our competitors (as we sell the same item for less) and eBay takes their word as gospel. 

OOOOOOOOOhhh!

Wow. That's pretty shabby.

Good to know this as it will definitely affect my brand preferences.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

@2013fitzp wrote:

Tyler explained to me that it is Xerox

that complained. They sell on eBay. The interesting thing was it was listed and sold within an hour. I received the email from eBay 3 hours later- not sure how comprehensive the investigation could have been in that timeframe. I am convinced Xerox is trying to squeeze our competitors (as we sell the same item for less) and eBay takes their word as gospel. 

OOOOOOOOOhhh!

Wow. That's pretty shabby.

Good to know this as it will definitely affect my brand preferences.

Mine as well. I get some useful information on these boards to determine what companies I don’t want to give my business to that’s for sure    Personally though I wish these companies acts would become more widely known to the public...

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 32 of 36
latest reply

and that these companies would be held to a moral standard. Making money with false claims to hurt the competition should not be the capitalistic way. Competitors should be allowed to prosper as long as nothing shifty is going on. Yet here we see the "big boys" being the shifty player. 

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

"Living here in NYC and being somewhat street smart it's rare that there is an area of crime I'm unaware of.  After all we are on the cutting edge of crime, new trends often originate here and take years to get picked up on elsewhere."

To be honest, this statement makes me question everything you say. 

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

Just posting as a general reply.....

I hope I don't have nightmares about the "stolen ink cartels".   Can you guess what company will NEVER get my business?  

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

@rosie247 wrote:

"Living here in NYC and being somewhat street smart it's rare that there is an area of crime I'm unaware of.  After all we are on the cutting edge of crime, new trends often originate here and take years to get picked up on elsewhere."

To be honest, this statement makes me question everything you say. 

It's good to question everything everyone says. I like to sprinkle some jokes and wise cracks into my posts instead of totally dry answers. A lot of millennials  read the ebay boards on their cell phone while driving and I'd hate to be the cause of anyone falling asleep at the wheel.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply