cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings Don't Show Up in Search Results

Okay, so I am trying this avenue to see if there are any sellers out there having similar issues.  I have 33 items listed for sale on eBay.  All have been listed for many days to over a month.  I have previously posted how my views have plummeted since eBay changed things in April and all they suggest is to promote my listings (to increase eBay revenue).  Over this time period, I have frequently searched for my listings and they do not show up, especially with some very basic search terms.  Here is just one example.  I have a Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince book listed (Item ID: 304612109579).  The title of the listing is Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince July 2005 1st Edition 1st Printing HC/DJ.  If I type in the title of the book, with no filters except 'Books", it does not show up in the search results.  If I select filters like "hardcover", "auction"...it does not show up.  If I type the title and then July 2005.....it show up.  WHY?!?  This issue is prevalent for most of my listings.  I've contacted support and even though they had trouble finding one of my listings...their solution again was to either promote the listing or try "less specific" search terms like "Harry Potter book"....absurd or what?!  I talked to a mentor and she too couldn't find one of my listings but couldn't offer an explanation.  Been selling and buying for 20 years and been through so many ridiculous and "seller unfriendly" changes that I'm about done....especially if this issue doesn't get addressed and resolved.  Anyone have any thoughts???  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've checked a handful of your listings at random.

They are all searchable.

Please give us an example of one of your listings that is not searchable. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I've checked a handful of your listings at random.

They are all searchable.

Please give us an example of one of your listings that is not searchable. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Using   Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, narrowing it down to auctions, fiction/non fiction books.......I see it

https://www.ebay.com/sch/261186/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Harry+Potter+And+The+Half-Blood+Prince&LH_Auct...

Screenshot (294).png

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@bkerea66  @inhawaii 

Yes, His listings are searchable (including Harry Potter book)

But i think he meant that his listings not showing up in the top search pages which led his listings to get less views.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for checking.  So, I agree...the ones I checked are now showing up.  I did not mention that during my chat with support, the lady indicated she would put in a ticket to "reset" my listings.  I wasn't sure what that meant or what it entailed but apparently, based on the ones we've checked, something has changed.  I'll have to see if my views increase at all.  Thanks again.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It is number 22 of over 2000 listed. Congratulations you have been selected as one of the best match listings on Ebay. No more complaining as anyone and everyone can see it. One thing you can do it make it even better is in the title write the word book.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Same here!  I even did my own (risky) test:  I put a super rare book up dirt cheap for a day and it got ZERO views plus I could not even find it through a random search?  It's very different from when I was selling stuff 10 years ago.  Very strange to have to pay a fee to further promote an item.?   These huge companies just squeeze it out of us any which way they can it seems.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

When owning a listing of which there are over 2000 duplicates, don’t hold your breath or fret that it didn’t sell in a week.  In these cases when someone searches for that book, eBay will return a small subset of overall listings to not overwhelm customers. 

And I’m seeing listings at all price ranges including auctions around $3  that won’t see much action. It’s a race to the bottom.

The days when you can have 33 listings and see fireworks are long over. It’s a numbers game… I realized my game needed thousands of listings to get traction. I have 5000 and am getting the sales level I wanted.

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply