cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road again???

Yesterday my listing tool updated and now the "picture box" has a new design that is surrounded by a dotted line ands they removed the ultra convenient "Remove all pictures" button from the top right corner. 

Now you must hover over the corner to get an "edit" prompt to appear, then click it.  That makes a check all box on the other side of the screen show up. THEN you must check that box which makes a delet button show up on the OTHER side of the page that you must click .

Come on- this is just getting completely ridiculous now. We already had this fight with ebay when this tool rolled out 2 years ago to absolute hatred.  Why is ebay making it take longer to do SIMPLE tasks again.

It is not industry standard to make a one click feature take 4 clicks instead!

Is the design team getting paid by how many extra clicks they add to the desktop experience?  Full time sellers use desktops. All ebay employees use desktops, all companies use desktops to conduct business- we need the listing tool to act like a real tool optimized for business like we used to have with the classic tool.

If we are futzing around wasting time clicking here and there constantly- we are not adding new listings to ebay- what dont they get about that?  

BTW- with this update- the tool no longer remembers our calculated shipping options anymore so we have to click in the popup again and add USPS Advantage, USPS Priority, Fedex, and UPS........every time we list- it used to keep those selection on the listing and all we had to do was change the weight and dimensions.

Also it no longer keeps the handling fee or the immediate payment button checked

This update adds at least 15 clicks and another 1-2 minutes to the listing process.....and for what? 

Message 1 of 106
latest reply
105 REPLIES 105

Listing tool update causes 3x more clicks to remove all pics!?- are we going down this road again???

Hit me last night too, side to side to side. I did keep my shipping options when I used sell similar. I wonder who makes these changes and if the really actually list and sell on ebay.

Message 16 of 106
latest reply

They have a heavy investment in computer mice.

Message 17 of 106
latest reply

On this ID/browser we have the same new unimproved version that you have - ALONG with the 'all categories' drop down list disappearing from search again.

And 'them' deciding I only wanted to see the 12 new ones in home and garden and not the 34 in other categories. What I was looking for was found later in collectables, a category not shown.

As of now other IDs/browsers still normal.

Message 18 of 106
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

They have a heavy investment in computer mice.

@fern*wood this literally made me laugh out loud - I actually really did just have to buy a new mouse yesterday because the left button on my old one gave out. 

Can't blame eBay for all the clicks but they definitely did their share of the damage. 😂

Message 19 of 106
latest reply

My guess is they want to make it harder to do sell similar.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 20 of 106
latest reply

So glad I'm not the only one frustrated by this. So much easier to hit remove photos, drag and drop my group of pics and move on to the title. I'm not saying it's unusable but I've listed 0 of the 10 items I photographed today - just messing with the flow I'm used to. But apparently it was "based upon your feedback!"

Also it doesn't help efficiency that when you change categories, the suggested categories seems to have disappeared when you try to change category after you've put your new title put in. 

While I'm venting, why would I want to relist something I just sold? (in 95% of cases anyway) When you're going to ship and click on an individual item - say to see the picture better, making sure you're grabbing the right one off the shelf or something - the "print label" button was changed to "relist?" Print label was actually helpful so you didn't have to go back to the previous screen.

Message 21 of 106
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35  So you won't have time to list elsewhere?

I simply meant that the time wasted is time that could have been used productively to list more items on eBay. 

Message 22 of 106
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Perfect example of screenshots of the new time waster. It's easy to see when you post it in picture form. Each screenshot is an extra clink or step to just delete all photos...... Instead of one simple and nicely designed RED button that was easy to see and click and confirm... Done

Message 23 of 106
latest reply

What is so bizarre is that I actually tried to make a listing on my phone too see if there was was any continuity or reason for the change on the desktop tool.......... Absolutely morning. No reason for the desktop change! When you sell similar from a phone the first thing that auto pops up is "do you want to keep photos" with a one tap yes or no. Not 4 clicks.  It's not unified, it does not look the same, it makes no sense other than to screw up the listing flow on desktop again. 

Message 24 of 106
latest reply

did a few listings today and still cannot for the life of me figure out why they made this bad change!?

They took the most straight forward and simple task and made it more involved and take longer.

Were they trying to mimic phone galleries where you can push and hold until check boxes come up to edit in bulk??  Either way - there is no reason to get rid of the industry standard delete al pics button.

It always was a pain that you could not delete an individual picture without opening it in the edit popup first but its still not much better when you have to click on the 3 dots to bring up a menu to delete it----- what is wrong with a 1 click trash can delete button on the bottom of each pic?

In any event though- when selling similar- it is most advantageous to delete all pics and use your own so why is that harder to do now??

Message 25 of 106
latest reply

ebay has never been known for respecting seller's time and effort.

Look at all the ebay caused 'busywork' down through the years.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 26 of 106
latest reply

What I don't get is that they laid off over 1000 people a couple months ago but kept people that are making these kinda of backwards anti productive changes..... it's like they are completely list and wondering around thinking up things to change that don't need changing

Message 27 of 106
latest reply

I was just getting a bit grouchy about this problem myself.  What used to take 1 click now takes 3.  Nothing like moving backwards. 

Message 28 of 106
latest reply

@siamjane8 wrote:

It always was a pain that you could not delete an individual picture without opening it in the edit popup first but its still not much better when you have to click on the 3 dots to bring up a menu to delete it----- what is wrong with a 1 click trash can delete button on the bottom of each pic?

I never had to open the edit popup to delete a single image. Just hover over it and click the trash can. The trash can icon on single images has existed for a while, and before that it was an 'X' if memory serves.

In one of my posts above, responding to valueaddedresource, I noted her screenshots of the new version showed the trash can icon was removed in this latest update.

Way to make things harder and more time-consuming, eBay! Sellers love you for it. 🙄

listingform-deletephoto-2024.png

Old Version

Message 29 of 106
latest reply

But seriously... Why. This is just wrong. It's bad. It's more time consuming. It poor web designing. How does stuff like this get through to actual programming stage? Are they using some elementary stop and drag website building app to make eBay? 

I seriously cannot figure out how these negative design aspects get approved and implemented. It's just the opposite of common sense. 

I guess it's the same mentality that brings us- buying electric cars and charging them with coal and oil lol

Message 30 of 106
latest reply