cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing in Search are not being displayed

I have been doing a couple of searches on eBay to find an active listing of an item I want to sell.  The results come back indicating there are 500+ listings but nothing, not one of them, is displayed.  I just did a search for "Train" and there are 1.3 million listings, but absolutely nothing is displayed to click on.

If potential buyers are having this issue, it's no wonder sales are in the toilet!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listing in Search are not being displayed

@rhiggsbear wrote:

I have been doing a couple of searches on eBay to find an active listing of an item I want to sell.  The results come back indicating there are 500+ listings but nothing, not one of them, is displayed.  I just did a search for "Train" and there are 1.3 million listings, but absolutely nothing is displayed to click on.

If potential buyers are having this issue, it's no wonder sales are in the toilet!

I did a search for "train" and I came back with almost a million results.

They are all displayed and all clickable. 

Perhaps it was a temporary ebay glitch or you have a browser issue?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Search works fine, you just need to learn better on how to use it. First things first is NEVER type just a single word "train" and expect results. Ebay will NEVER show you 2 million items. Secondly use at LEAST  two to three words describing what you are looking for. Ebay is not a mind reader. Lastly, once you type in those two or three words, us all the available tools to the left of the page. You can narrow down just about anything imaginable to the specific thing you want.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@coolections you clearly do not understand what the other person is talking about... he said nothing will display. there is obviously a glitch or server issue. Its not that he does not know how to search.   Please keep the community a safe place for people to express issues without attacking them and telling them they do not know how to search.   If you continue to put people down- the moderator will penalize you........ unless you are a moderator.... hard to tell with posters who cheerlead.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I see an issue raised with Adblocker team here: https://github.com/abp-filters/abp-filters-anti-cv/issues/1399

Looks like Adblocker Plus is removing all listings...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I'm certainly seeing results with just train:

dhbookds_0-1689620662810.png

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@rhiggsbear wrote:

I did a search for "train" and I came back with almost a million results.

They are all displayed and all clickable. 

Perhaps it was a temporary ebay glitch or you have a browser issue?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@siamjane8   When you type a single word like "train" you will always get useless results. No one should ever attempt to just search train. I am not attacking anyone and actually was helping the person out. Unlike yourself, for putting me down, you are welcome to do so. Please refrain from doing like that with others as we want to keep the community a safe place. BTW... when I typed train I got results but there was just so many that Ebay "warned" me that they removed almost all of them.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

LOL - it was only an example.  The specific item was searched and gave 5 results and by adding another word, 3 results BUT NOTHING WAS DISPLAYED!!!  Besides, if eBay states there are results, they should display them, PERIOD so you can click on them!

I have been on eBay for a long time and know how to do a search. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yes, it appears it was a temporary glitck as the actual clickable results are back.  Thanks

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

"Ebay "warned" me that they removed almost all of them."

BUT you still got some, didn't you??????  You completely missed the point but thanks for playing.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Using one key word will not help finding what you're looking for. You need to enter more key words to help narrow down what exactly you are looking for that involves 'train'.

When I entered 'train', eBay states 1,200,000+ best matches. I then did a sort by 'ending soonest' and it then states 1,6000,000+ 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply