cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's Go Brandon Products

Good afternoon everyone,

It is very difficult to contact somebody on eBay about these style questions so I figured I would post them on the forum.

If you browse through eBay there are hundreds of thousands of let's go Brandon products all over eBay. I have various stickers that just say let's go Brandon with the USA flag in one of them was recently removed or violent criminal hatred. There are hundreds of other people that have the same designs and I'm unsure why this violated any criminal policies. Trying to talk to eBay was useless and there were no supervisors available to help answer the questions. Does anybody who is more familiar with this than me understand why this was removed and if there is anything that can be done about it? My concern is that it's going to affect our eBay seller account at some point in trying to find out if this is starting to be not allowed on eBay is an endless phone call venture. Does anybody have any thoughts on this or understandings of these types of things.

When you try and ask eBay about it I believe they pretty much go through a script that they're supposed to versus answering the actual question. I just don't want my seller account to be affected, especially when there are hundreds of thousands of the same designs all over their platform. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Let's Go Brandon Products

There is no way to venture into these waters without someone justly or unjustly taking offense - that seems to be the nature of the political division that has and is dividing the country. Statistic links are moot, since in the world of Eds and Op-Eds, most any viewpoint can be 'proven' or 'disproven' depending on the source. 

When investigating news stories, I look at sources on both sides of the aisle (there is virtually no middle-ground in American reporting and debating), find the common points and counterpoints, ignore the opinion parts, and consider what I read and see as close to fact as is possible without actually being there. Even non-American news sources from other English speaking countries have a partisan slant when reporting on us.

Sorry you think I may be trying to offend as that is not the intended purpose of my message. We are all Americans here; politics should not be a team vs. team sport, but we have made it so. Many of the issues and legislations from the far right to the far left appeal to me, as well as offend and raise disagreement - I discuss the issues and vote for the person, and make every effort to ignore if there is a D or R by their name. If I do not feel confident I have vetted a candidate, I do not vote for them.

We should not choose our representation by choosing the least-of-2-evils, but the only viable candidates presented by the 2 parties in power seldom break the 'evils of government' barrier. My candidates seldom win, but I sleep much better after voting for the person I feel will do the most good for the citizenry, and not their party.

Thank you for the reply.   

Message 61 of 73
latest reply

@cutandcoloredcoins wrote:

Yet Ebay has hundreds of ANTIFA products for sale.  Explain that one to me.

@cutandcoloredcoins 

15,657 of 'Let's go Brandon' products ... and 238 of 'ANTIFA' products.  What would you like explained?  🤔

Message 62 of 73
latest reply

@cutandcoloredcoins wrote:

Yet Ebay has hundreds of ANTIFA products for sale.  Explain that one to me.

What’s wrong? Are you PRO fascism?

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 63 of 73
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

@southern*sweet*tea 

Well, that makes 3 us us that live 'in another world'.  😎  I wasn't familiar with 'it' until I saw it spelled out here, today.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 64 of 73
latest reply

Let's get back to the topic at hand........

An eBay customer service rep will NEVER give you the correct answer to ANY question!

Believe me, I've tried......sometimes I do it just for fun 😉. I always use chat so that I have a written transcript. Then I share it with customer support when I get one of those "How are we doing ?"  surveys by eBay messages.

Some of the responses that I've gotten to the easiest policy questions are insane. The transcripts are full of broken English, extremely poor grammar and information that is totally false.

It's painfully obvious that eBay does nothing to train any of its customer service reps.

We are a Top Rated Seller and the only information I trust is from the seller discussion boards from a long-time seller.

Occasionally, if I "Google" a question, I will come up with an correct response, but you need to make sure you are looking at CURRENT articles.

Message 65 of 73
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@mtgraves7984 

@southern*sweet*tea 

Well, that makes 3 us us that live 'in another world'.  😎  I wasn't familiar with 'it' until I saw it spelled out here, today.

#4 here! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 66 of 73
latest reply

"Uber-conservatives" are American though. You use words like "hate" and "toxic" in describing your fellow Americans. Why is that?

Message 67 of 73
latest reply

@warbar.com wrote:

The OP knows his items are an irritant to at least 1/2 the population, and if the line is drawn to his immediate left, it's probably more like 90%. Along those lines and just out of curiosity, I did a number of searches that could be derogatory and hate language towards trump, and 99% of everything that came up turned out being against...Biden.

The uber-conservatives that push their hate for over 1/2 of America

@warbar.com 

Where have you been for the last 5 years. Nothing but filth and lies coming from mainstream news and every outlet possible about the previous president. Now somehow it is a big deal when the puppet gets bad publicity. The anti American liberals who want to change America to a 3rd world country are the haters. You got your story wrong.

Message 68 of 73
latest reply

most likely your listings were reported by distraught democrats, liberals, and the like. are che guavara and hammer and sickle items sold? if so, then your stickers should be protected from report abuse just the same.

Message 69 of 73
latest reply

antifa is a domestic terrorist organization, not based on any opinion, but based on the dictionary definition and the acts they have committed and condone. wise people in the 40s and 50s once said the fascists of the future will be called anti fascists.

Message 70 of 73
latest reply

you have made it that way, not us. just go back and ready your own post.

Message 71 of 73
latest reply

Antifa isn’t even an organization. There’s no HQ, no chapters, no membership.

Proclaiming oneself to be antifa merely means that you are against fascism. It’s been around since the 20s.

That quote, which you probably attribute to Winston Churchill, was never said by him. 
https://winstonchurchill.hillsdale.edu/fascists-anti-fascists/

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 72 of 73
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread has frequently gone off-topic, i.e. understanding why a particular item was removed and if anything can be done about it, and the OP has not returned any comment since his original post.

In light of this, and the heat being generated in some of the "discussion", the thread has now been locked.  Should you wish to continue the discussion The Soapbox would be a more appropriate forum.

Thank you.

Message 73 of 73
latest reply