cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's Go Brandon Products

Good afternoon everyone,

It is very difficult to contact somebody on eBay about these style questions so I figured I would post them on the forum.

If you browse through eBay there are hundreds of thousands of let's go Brandon products all over eBay. I have various stickers that just say let's go Brandon with the USA flag in one of them was recently removed or violent criminal hatred. There are hundreds of other people that have the same designs and I'm unsure why this violated any criminal policies. Trying to talk to eBay was useless and there were no supervisors available to help answer the questions. Does anybody who is more familiar with this than me understand why this was removed and if there is anything that can be done about it? My concern is that it's going to affect our eBay seller account at some point in trying to find out if this is starting to be not allowed on eBay is an endless phone call venture. Does anybody have any thoughts on this or understandings of these types of things.

When you try and ask eBay about it I believe they pretty much go through a script that they're supposed to versus answering the actual question. I just don't want my seller account to be affected, especially when there are hundreds of thousands of the same designs all over their platform. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts.

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Let's Go Brandon Products

Gee, I wonder what the political climate and responses would be had the former prez won, and the popular slogan meaning the same, but pronounced, 'Let's go Drumper'? 

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 46 of 73
latest reply

Perhaps ebay are cautious about appearing to take a political stance on a ''Current President'' - but after they are out of office they are fair game?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 47 of 73
latest reply

Hard to say as the climate always seems to lean 1 way

Should be equal bit t is not  

If as you describe would be the norm now, then why could that not be acceptable? 

Message 48 of 73
latest reply

I have never read anywhere in the constitution where it says -"Ye shall never be offended"

Message 49 of 73
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Gee, I wonder what the political climate and responses would be had the former prez won, and the popular slogan meaning the same, but pronounced, 'Let's go Drumper'? 

nothing would of been done to stop it.

Message 50 of 73
latest reply

well freedom of speech

Just to many take personal feelings and wish that upon the world and forget others have differing opinions 

That is what makes selling here and other places difficult at times as someone (or group) is offended  at something but they spew offending things at others and it is ok 

Polarized as a climate we live in now, we can only abide by the rules of the platform we are on and as sellers and buyers should rise above the personal attacks and "taking sides" of political issues as it does no one ang good in the long run

And yes I'm sure many disagree and will reply and that is their right to do so 😁   

Message 51 of 73
latest reply

Psychologics at work here; the OP assumes that the Brandon stuff is what got the listing pulled, when there are other violations in his listings, (as another poster here noticed first), that have nothing to do with the context of item(s) being sold.

The OP knows his items are an irritant to at least 1/2 the population, and if the line is drawn to his immediate left, it's probably more like 90%. Along those lines and just out of curiosity, I did a number of searches that could be derogatory and hate language towards trump, and 99% of everything that came up turned out being against...Biden, and often vilifying anything that could be considered 'liberal' too! 

The uber-conservatives that push their hate for over 1/2 of America (there were more votes for Biden than Trump), are not truly Americans, but members of some 'anti-most everything that's not toxic Republican' clan. It is obvious the OP is not trying to win anyone over from the 'Brandon' side, but still gets all excited when in their world, the attack is personal; in reality it could be entirely something else wrong with their listing(s).  

Too bad stuff like this has to rear its ugly head here on eBay. 

Message 52 of 73
latest reply

@warbar.com 

Sorry but your post sounds deliberate to offend certain people

what are your statistics you claim? 

Can we have the sources so we can check them out? 

Excluding CNN and NBC and other outspoken liberal media as to make any statistics fair 

Message 53 of 73
latest reply

Yet Ebay has hundreds of ANTIFA products for sale.  Explain that one to me.

Message 54 of 73
latest reply

@coastaltechsolution wrote:

@house*of*paws 

But that is what I'm stressing here

Who is right or wrong?

Personal  feelings vs independent right? 

@coastaltechsolution 

I know what 'personal feelings' are ... but I'm not sure I know what an 'independent right' is.  🤔

I had been responding to your question, " ... what makes one slogan worse than the other?"  ... and replied that it's whether or not a slogan is demonizing another 'team' (whatever that may be) that would make it 'worse than the other' ... in my opinion, of course.

"I like IKE" slogan from years past should I be offended if I did not believe that slogan? 

I'm not sure how many people had been offended by 'I like IKE' buttons  ... but I think that Eisenhower, Stevenson, and most of their respective supporters would have been offended by seeing 'F**k IKE!' buttons.  

Also, where a particular slogan is being worn matters.  Wearing a 'F**k IKE!'  button at a Democratic Convention wouldn't have the same effect as wearing it at a Republican Convention ... or in a church ... or an airplane ... or a voting place ... or in grade school.  [Slogans might be banned depending on the severity of the consequences of a fight breaking out at the particular location:  an airplane vs. the beach.]

Anyway, I hope you realize that I'm not disagreeing with you ... just thinking out loud.  🙂

Message 55 of 73
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea

>Whats a "let's go Brandon"?

You gotta be kiddin'.

Message 56 of 73
latest reply

Message 57 of 73
latest reply

@bimm_corp wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea

You gotta be kiddin'.

In short, it was the media's reaction to the old, "Clean up! Aisle 3!" 😖

Message 58 of 73
latest reply

@bimm_corp wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea

You gotta be kiddin'.

No,  I'm not.  I don't watch television or television news and I don't do social media. So yeah, until this thread I'd never heard the phrase.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 59 of 73
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@bimm_corp wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea

You gotta be kiddin'.

No,  I'm not.  I don't watch television or television news and I don't do social media. So yeah, until this thread I'd never heard the phrase.

@southern*sweet*tea 

LOL!!! I was the poster who asked the same question on this very forum... about 2 days after the event. Swear.

Message 60 of 73
latest reply