cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received PayPal payment but order not showing in My eBay...?

Hi All,

Not sure if I'm alone in this, but I just received an email from PayPal with an order for an item through eBay.  But when I check my eBay account - both on my desktop and my phone - there's no record of this sale.

Is this some sort of glitch in the matrix?  Should I even fulfill the order?  It looks legit... but I don't want to do anything without it being on record with eBay.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Just received PayPal payment but order not showing in My eBay...?

Do not click on anything in the email. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There are scams out there trying to trick sellers with fake emails that look like they came from Paypal.  As another posted here, log in separately to your Paypal account to see if there is money in your account.  Did anyone ask you for your email address under the pretense that they needed to communicate that way?  That's mostly how the scam starts.

However, I have had delays in eBay in the past where an item sold but it took 10 minutes or so for the transaction to show as sold.  I was able to open the listing and the listing said the item was sold but it just took a while for it to move out of active listings and into sold listings.  I would open the listing in eBay for the item showing in the Paypal payment and see if you can see a line at the top of the listing saying it's sold.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi, I concur with the other poster. Scammers are known to send out fake but convincing PayPal emails stating you have been paid and to ship. It is a good habit to have to go to PayPal directly after an alleged sale to ensure the payment is there. Never click on a link in an email or text but use your browser to open the site.

It would be unusual for a sale to happen and not show up in your eBay Solds, but in rare instances it has been known to happen. But it would be virtually impossible for a sale to happen and there be no record in both eBay and PayPal. 

Let us know what you find. Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Should I even fulfill the order?

Not until you verify payment and shipping address in your paypal account. Emails should only be considered as alerts...they don't count unless verified and should not be used for clicking links to log in to your any account. Forget ebay. Check paypal. No payment, no sale.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 5 of 5
latest reply