cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just noticed something that could be causing these Vero / counterfeit take down issues.

I will be blunt using trade names because I don't know how else to say it, but I was searching earlier for a part for a General Motors vehicle. Now GM makes both GMC and Chevrolet, and as I was searching I quickly realized there were many aftermarket parts and with what I needed (a sensor) I simply didn't want to fool with that because I've often had aftermarket sensors not work as intended.

That said I have no issue with sellers posting aftermarket products listed as "For" or "fits" Chevrolet / Gmc etc... None whatsoever, however I wanted something other than aftermarket so I started to search for AC Delco (which basically many GM vehicles carry AC Delco parts from the factory, I believe AC Delco has the contract for making parts for GM but anyway) and that's when the problem started...

Now we had aftermarket products stating AC Delco in either the title or in some cases a box in the pictures but it was clear to me that the likelihood these were not in fact AC Delco parts was pretty high. On one particular listing the seller even stated the items will ship "in a plain bag" (so no ac delco box would be received, despite being in the pictures).

Granted I can always open an INAD case but I really don't want to do that how many times before I get actual original OEM parts (and not counterfeit), when an issue is this widespread there's a good chance I'll get order after order that is wrong.

That is frustrating to me as a buyer and this was in no way isolated to a few sellers, in fact the entire first page of results was about 50-50 with actual Ac Delco parts. This sort of practice not only highlights why we're seeing threads here about sellers having their listings removed, but it also undermines buyer confidence. 

Because... If I am specifically looking for an AC Delco part then I am sure I do not want a knockoff, fake, imitation, counterfeit or anything else other than an actual AC Delco part. That is why I want to pay extra, if I wanted cheap I would certainly make that choice but these sellers listing aftermarket parts as AC Delco that are clearly not OEM is just way out of hand.

I realize auto parts is hardly the only category, I am aware that AC Delco is hardly the only product being abused. In fact I am sure it's all over every venue and marketplace like a virus that just won't stop spreading, also highlights why ebay is so adamant and has been removing these listings as they have.

Anyhow, just wanted to vent.

I did find some actual AC Delco parts.

Also I reported a few of the sellers, but I'm sure there are many more.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Just noticed something that could be causing these Vero / counterfeit take down issues.

While you can report the listing or do an INAD, it really is up to the rights owner, like AC Delco, to take care of this.  As a VeRO member they can have these items removed immediately and even get the seller suspended.  Unfortunately, since ebay is not an expert on these parts they may or may not make the right choice of which to remove without a VeRO member input.  So it is buyer beware as to anything that looks suspicious. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply