cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ended 99.9% of my Listings

I ended all but 4 of my listings due to complete virtual sales stopage.  I'm at my witt's end trying to figure it out.

Been selling for 12 years here so I know what to expect ie..good times and bad.  But all of my wheels just abruptly fell off for no apparent reason.

Good Luck to all.

I just wonder if I re-list everything that I just ended would it "RE-SET" my sales?? ...kinda like re-booting the computer.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Just ended 99.9% of my Listings

It is tough times for many right now-I know that doesnt help. Hope you can find a way to keep going. Best of luck. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@namtrag1wrote:

I ended all but 4 of my listings due to complete virtual sales stopage. ...I just wonder if I re-list everything that I just ended would it "RE-SET" my sales?? ...kinda like re-booting the computer.

There's only one way to find out -- use up some of your free Store insertions for March.

Looking at your completed listings, I'm wondering whether your listings' item specifics were set up correctly to show available sizes when buyers did size-specific serarches.   Are variations included automatically? 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

OP, you are the one from the other post who admitted that your prices are much higher than others.

Try lowering your prices and maybe you will entice some of your past customers to come back.

Good customers, even loyal ones, are not going to oversepend when they can get that item elsewhere for much less.

Might have worked in the past, but times have changed.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

It just might.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@namtrag1wrote:

I ended all but 4 of my listings due to complete virtual sales stopage.  I'm at my witt's end trying to figure it out.

The first three of your ended listings I looked at:

1) Steve Madden Haunt: Yours = $120DSW = $60 (same stock photo)

2) Steve Madden Fenway: Yours = $150Macy's = $67 (same stock photo)

2) Vlado Atlas 3: Yours = $160Vlado's own website = $90 (same stock photo)

You are at your wit's end because you refuse to see that your prices are not competitive.

I am not the first one on these boards to suggest to you that your prices are double the going rate for these shoes.

IMHO "rebooting" your listings is not going to make people suddenly pay twice what they need to.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I've spent the last three days researching other venues. Plenty of terms of service, reviews, youtube.

You have one decent option to sell nationally, quite a few locally. What we dont know is what tweaks are being made to the ebay search engine, possibly hourly.

What could it hurt?

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Although the OP stated they have been selling here for 12 years.  At what price idk?  

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@dvdappsterwrote:

Although the OP stated they have been selling here for 12 years.  At what price idk?  

All it takes is one single competitor suddenly entering the same market that you have previously been successful in... offering the same merchandise you deal in but at a huge savings over your high prices, and suddenly you've lost most all your would-be customers!

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@dvdappsterwrote:

eBay sellers now compete with the entire internet.

The entire internet has changed a lot in the last 12 years. 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Are you one of the many "sellers" who aren't even in possession of the items they list? Who simply lift pictures and descriptions from places like Designer Shoe Warehouse and use them in their listings? Then when some unwary buyer is uninformed enough to pay your doubled prices, you simply order them from those online stores and have the items sent directly to the buyer's address? While pocketing the gigantic difference for doing absolutely nothing?

If you aren't, I apologize.

But if you are, maybe people just started getting smarter, looked elsewhere, and figured out what you're doing. And I say, good for you, buyers! Now if only all the "sellers" who do what you do suddenly lost all their sales....

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Just dealing in saturated merchandise category that some buyers are getting sent into the grouped listings format,but its a feature coming down the pike for the rest of the rag merchants and they'll be joining the OP before fall wondering what just happened?

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

15,359 / 55 just not real good odds but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick....

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

When putting an unsold item back up, I'd recommend 'sell similar'  which should be identical to the ended item. 

I'm not sure it's true or even measurable, but I'm under the impression that 'relisting'  an unsold item makes it a little less visible in ebay search results (to the lazy or inept buyers who don't bother trying to outsmart ebay's rigged and lousy search algos).

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

I've been hearing that too for awhile now, so I've tried it both ways for things that run their 30 days and end unsold...  and I haven't noticed one nickel's worth of difference.   Not even a penny's worth of difference.   I'm beginning to think that *advice* is just one of those things we hear and then repeat and then it begins to be accepted as truth.   It isn't the truth for me, one way or the other.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply