cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a seller's rant

Came home to a return request. Who the heck opens a return request on Christmas Day? You couldn't wait until tomorrow?

I'd also like to know how when they claim 3 out of 4 were delivered the refund request is for the ONE item cost plus the FULL shipping for all 4?

eta: (thanks that big red banner when I tried to post btw)

They apparently opened an INR but in the message it says they want the one they claim I didn't send (I know I did as I double check multiple orders, but I can't prove it, can I?) when it should have been a SNAD (missing items).

Do I add tracking & close it out and make them open a SNAD?

Or send them a message that I'll (cough) send the missing one?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Just a seller's rant

Today was my first year of not working both Christmas eve and day in 18 years. Only holiday in that time I did not work was Halloween every year as its my mothers birthday 🙂

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@pink.fish.rule wrote:

Came home to a return request. Who the heck opens a return request on Christmas Day? You couldn't wait until tomorrow?

I'd also like to know how when they claim 3 out of 4 were delivered the refund request is for the ONE item cost plus the FULL shipping for all 4?

eta: (thanks that big red banner when I tried to post btw)

They apparently opened an INR but in the message it says they want the one they claim I didn't send (I know I did as I double check multiple orders, but I can't prove it, can I?) when it should have been a SNAD (missing items).

Do I add tracking & close it out and make them open a SNAD?

Or send them a message that I'll (cough) send the missing one?

Add the tracking & close it out, then wait for the buyer's next move. Sorry that happened to you on this joyous day, sigh.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

I got one today from a buyer who says their package did not arrive in time for a Christmas present.

They bought it 12/3, it was shipped 12/4 ands the tracking shows delivered 12/9 - and it says specifically "handed to individual".

So he waits until 12/25 to complain?

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Gotta love that!! Makes ya wonder, what in the world people are thinking seriously. I have gotten quite a few this year on auto items on the very last day, the 30th day that they could return and open case on ebay that it didn't work, it was not as described, they ordered wrong part (this one 3 times). One that was an ordered wrong part was for a LEFT DRIVERS HEADLIGHT. IT was bolded, in caps, in title, in description (3 times and bolded and underlined) and 12 pictures of it of all different angles, 4 were directly from front. They claim on the 33rd day to open case, sorry I meant to order the right side. I just denied claim and never heard from again. No negative feedback either or paypal chargeback which I was shocked. I was just so annoyed I denied the claim since I had the right to since it was after 30 days, I don't accept returns (normally, I am a reasonable person in some cases), so eBay said I DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT RETURN, so i didn't and frankly didn't care about consequences, nothing happened thank god..LOL.
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

I got one today from a buyer who says their package did not arrive in time for a Christmas present.

They bought it 12/3, it was shipped 12/4 ands the tracking shows delivered 12/9 - and it says specifically "handed to individual".

I don't think your buyer has much of a case .   A tracking  number  is one of  only a few true friends that sellers have.  Tulips 

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@pink.fish.rule wrote:
I guess I should be grateful I didn't get a message detailing how I'd 'ruined' some kid's Christmas and upset the "whole family". OP 

You mean the ''Beanie '' family ? I bet everyone is still in tears over that unfortunate  tragedy . 🙂   Tulips 

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@richard1rst wrote:

I don't think your buyer has much of a case .   A tracking  number  is one of  only a few true friends that sellers have.  Tulips 

Oh, that is a given. A not received complaint will be disintegrated within nanoseconds. I was just stunned that he waited until CHRISTMAS DAY to complain. You would have thought he would have contacted me around the 10th-15th. Sort of proves H. L. Mencken was right.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the general public.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply