cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Had A Purchase From Someone Who Is No Longer a Registered User?

So, this is a first for me. I just had a purchase of an item for over $120. Paid and printed the label and when I went to leave feedback the person is showing in all RED as NO LONGER BEING A REGISTERED USER? What Should I do in this situation? Cancel?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I would wait a few days and see if eBay sends you an email to not mail item out. eBay usually does but they are a little slow doing it. Sometimes it takes a few days.

I wouldn't refund anything or cancel sale.

I usually get the email from eBay not to mail item out as "no longer a registered eBayer" days later.

And usually eBay doesn't take the sale of money away from you. There's no way the buyer can get a refund as they are not a registered eBayer anymore.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

There's no way the buyer can get a refund as they are not a registered eBayer anymore.

Sure they can.  They go to their credit/debit card or Paypal and do a chargeback.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

I guess my follow up question would be How can someone who is no longer a registered user even make a purchase here on this site if they are not registered?

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

eBay is still expecting you to ship within your stated handling time, they would otherwise send you an email advising you not to ship if you hadn't already.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

eBay must have "unregistered"  them AFTER they made the purchase.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

I was relating to eBay and not a credit card. Anyone anywhere can do a dispute with a credit card.

This relates to eBay not taking the funds back....which means do not refund the buyer because you do not know what the buyer might do. I have had a lot of situations like this because I sell a lot. And a buyer has never ever no longer a registered longer ever opened a credit card dispute with me.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

eBay has always been slow in sending an email to the seller not to mail the item out. I have had quite a few of these cases...FYI

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Yup, had this happen to me back on 7/31.  Shipped a package that day. That night I get a message from Ebay not to ship the package to the buyer.  He is no longer a registered user...  It was too late; my package was already in the mail stream....  I was told not to worry I would be able to keep my money.  Just don't have any contact with him of any sort!  The package was Delivered on 8/3.  On 8/12 he files a Dispute! Says he doesn't recognize the transaction! Wants his money back.... Now my $116.50 is on Hold. This could take up to 12 weeks to resolve!!!!  Also, he still has my product!  I really haven't gotten any answers from Ebay either.  Just be patient & wait out the process they say.  Funny, I read different articles on this. Seems like the likelihood of me getting my money back a slim to none. Definitely, not my product either.  Very Sad what people can do.

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Does the item that is sold still showing? At some point it will just disappear on the computer....but not on my eBay App iPhone. Strange it does that. Seller got registered and could be any factors that made them unregistered. 

Item sold usually disappears on my computer. Just disappears. Never had any of these buyers do a credit card chargeback. If item still is showing up check when buyer ID joined eBay.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

@ekmadonna 

I would cancel with "problem with buyer's address".  This will not get you a defect, nor give you a late shipping ding.  Even eBay has advised to use the "address problem" as the cancellation reason as a 'catch all' for other unusual circumstances.  This will also avoid chargebacks at a later date.   After all your Naru'd guy truly does not have an address anymore anyway. 

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

I would not cancel and wait for an email from eBay. I have have a lot of these with experience.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@ekmadonna 

There's a reason this person is no longer a registered user.  They probably were suspended prior for questionable activity, made another account only to do what ever they do to get suspended again.   I would cancel citing address issues.  Ebay may have very well done you a big favor.  Sorry for the situation, but glad you weren't ripped off by these types of unsavory buyers.

Happy Selling. 

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

This is why I am telling the seller not to mail it out. The seller can lose the item and a credit card chargeback. I have been lucky where I have had no credit card chargebacks with these buyers.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Does the item that is sold still showing? At some point it will just disappear on the computer.......

Item sold usually disappears on my computer. Just disappears. Never had any of these buyers do a credit card chargeback. If item still is showing up check when buyer ID joined eBay.

Hmm, maybe it would be a good idea for the seller to use "Sell similar" and set up a scheduled listing so they don't lose the content of the listing. Then they can easily relist after this transaction is resolved.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply