cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items re-sold on Amazon

There's someone buying a lot of my stuff under at least 8 different names and selling them on Amazon for 3 or 4 times the price.  I know its the same person from the notes attached to the sales which always says, "don't include the price, blah, blah, blah... Or "this is a gift blah, blah..."  Once in a while they get confused and use the wrong paypal that was already used for a different name with like 10 bought items sent to 10 different people.

Once they asked me if I have to put the correct value on the customs form.  Duh???

And I've looked at Amazon and they copied my entire listings word for word, all photos even!  Even thank you notes I collected over the years from customers.  Makes me feel like I am being impersonated.  And worse, people might think I sold something for $30 when it was only $5.95 on ebay....  Imagine that.  How dishonest.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for me?

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Items re-sold on Amazon

who cares .todays e-bay is hard to sell on. so a sale is a sale . on the other hand i see some of the bigger sallers buying high dollar lots and then breaking them up for a big profit .buying lots at 5 % and selling them for 30% and in fact they are are only worth the 5 % they just don't tell the faults that are on the stamps .so its the collector who gets rip off.so its buyer beware . their are also sellers who put up stamps who say its the rare one and in fact its only a penny stamp thats been played with .yes the crooks are still out their so buyer beware .but i don't mind selling to resellers who do the right thing not ripping off the buyer.

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

@softersilk wrote:

@floralys wrote:

There's someone buying a lot of my stuff under at least 8 different names and selling them on Amazon for 3 or 4 times the price.  I know its the same person from the notes attached to the sales which always says, "don't include the price, blah, blah, blah... Or "this is a gift blah, blah..."  Once in a while they get confused and use the wrong paypal that was already used for a different name with like 10 bought items sent to 10 different people.

Once they asked me if I have to put the correct value on the customs form.  Duh???

And I've looked at Amazon and they copied my entire listings word for word, all photos even!  Even thank you notes I collected over the years from customers.  Makes me feel like I am being impersonated.  And worse, people might think I sold something for $30 when it was only $5.95 on ebay....  Imagine that.  How dishonest.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for me?

You probably have multiple drop-shippers.  They tend to use the same language, especially the ones who fall for the "guaranteed systems" that gurus sell that teach them how to drop-ship.

If they're asking you to falsify customs forms, don't do it.  Click "report a buyer".  That violates eBay terms.

Re: "worth" - you've gotten some good advice.  Market sets the value.  If somebody is willing to pay $30 today, then that is the value.  YOU should be reaping that profit, not them.  

Understand this: if a shopper sees an item for $30 and pays?  Then he wants it for that price.  Doesn't matter if you think it's only worth $1.  He wants it for $30.  You're not ripping anybody off.

It doesn’t sound like The buyer is actually asking him to falsify customs forms and even if he was, it’s not an offense eBay will act on if reported.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 17 of 44
latest reply

So you are telling us that you have under priced your items and that we can sell them for more on other venues.  Thank you for that information.

The value of an item is what someone is freely willing to pay for it and what someone is freely willing to sell it for.  When it comes to value value declarations, use the amount you sold it for excluding shipping.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 18 of 44
latest reply

Raise your prices so it isn't feasible for them to use you as their drop shipper.

If they can get those prices, why shouldn't you?

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

You could try playing around with prices on the same type items you can tell are being drop-shipped. Try doubling them for awhile maybe, see  what happens. Find the price that works for you on ebay. It's your account to experiment with, and you have lots of wonderful feedback. If you miss the middleman money you can always go back. 

Your photos are beautiful. You seem like great seller. Good Luck!

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Raise your prices so it isn't feasible for them to use you as their drop shipper.

Thing is, as I saw many times back when I used to sell on Amazon, although buyers there are willing to pay those higher prices; buyers here may very well not (I often had things fetching much higher prices there than here, and on items where I could have them on both sites due to having multiples, the higher priced Amazon instances sold much faster than their eBay counterparts).  So if you end up jacking your prices up here too much, to be closer to what people are paying on Amazon, that could simply cause your stuff to stop selling altogether; and everyone loses (you, your buyer, and your buyer's buyers.)

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 21 of 44
latest reply

"I'll feel bad charging exorbitant prices for what it's really worth."

The item is worth what someone will pay for it.

The name of this game is capitalism, and the rule is to maximize profit. Why let someone beat you at it with your own items? Have you looked into selling your items there yourself?

Message 22 of 44
latest reply

That's true, Ducky, those prices may not be realized here.  A very good point.

But the potential is there for this OP to realize a better price.  Since you say, rightly, that jacking them too much may cause them to go unsold, maybe another solution is just modest price increases?  Leaving enough meat on the bone for the re-seller but not as much?  If the OP is truly satisfied here, I don't think a thread would have been started.  Maybe OP selling there and here is a good solution, too.

Or the OP could simply be glad she has a frequent buyer.  OP's call, of course.

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

Thing is, as I saw many times back when I used to sell on Amazon, although buyers there are willing to pay those higher prices; buyers here may very well not (I often had things fetching much higher prices there than here, and on items where I could have them on both sites due to having multiples, the higher priced Amazon instances sold much faster than their eBay counterparts).  So if you end up jacking your prices up here too much, to be closer to what people are paying on Amazon, that could simply cause your stuff to stop selling altogether; and everyone loses (you, your buyer, and your buyer's buyers.)

It's funny...my stuff is the opposite, probably just due to the nature of it. I can't give my stuff away on Amazon, but it sells well here, probably because most Amazon buyers want new-ish books and not ones that are 50+ years old.  There's not really a market there for what I sell. The exception was years ago when I was selling my daughter's old video games - little girl horse related video games. They flew out the door at almost new prices on Amazon, but I couldn't give them away here lol

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 24 of 44
latest reply

😂 ok!
Message 25 of 44
latest reply

Awww thank you! You made me feel good..... 🙂
Message 26 of 44
latest reply

Create a seller's account on Amazon and sell it yourself.

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

I would probably raise my prices some on these items (but not to their levels), AND start enclosing a business card (or something) in these packages that have the web address to my ebay store.

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

you list, they buy, you ship.....   done

why babysit your sales?   

if it bothers you that much, raise your prices 

Message 29 of 44
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

This is so true.  Everything I ever sold on Amazon was for way more than on here.  The elite seem to like paying more over there.

Message 30 of 44
latest reply