cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items not allowed to be sold on eBay

When I talked to eBay recently I suggested they put a section in eBay help about items not allowed to be sold. Not just a category such as tobacco. More of a list to check specific items and brands to make it easy for sellers to find out what has been removed and what could possibly or will be removed in the future if its in discussion or debate with eBay. But for now I think it may be beneficial to us to create a list in discussion of items people have had removed themselves. So feel free to post any listings you have had removed in the past or any information you may have about items that are in question. I personally know Juicy jay's and Hornet rolling paper, Velcro and glass oil burners of certain types are being removed. So hope to find some good info on this post Smiley Happy Smiley Very HappySmiley WinkSmiley LOL

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Items not allowed to be sold on eBay

".. Hornet rolling paper, Velcro.."

--------

Two different issues here.

Rolling paper might be prohibited as drug paraphernalia.

Velcro would be a VERO issue, meaning

items which have Velcro can be listed.. but

not all such (is it called hook and eye?) fasteners are Velcro.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

At least 3/4 of your items qualify as prohibited because they're drug related.

On the bright side you've now called attention to your listings and hundreds, if not thousands will report your listings.
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

There are many reasons various items are not sold on ebay.

Items that under copyright.

Items that can not be shipped Internationally.

Items that violate the laws of other countries.

Items that violate the law(s) of this country.

Items that can not be shipped domestically - across state lines.

Hazardous material items.

Et Cetera

There is no single reason, and the list of items is very long.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 50
latest reply

My listings were reviewed by ebay 48 hrs ago and only listing removed was flavored rolling papers. All items i sell are for tobacco use not drugs but in some states recreational marijuana is legal. But its on the person purchasing the items to make the right decision to use them for the intended purpose. You can buy a gun at walmart for hunting but if you use it to shoot your neighbor was walmart in fault for selling it to you? 

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

It looks to me like the original poster here,

is new and trying to learn what eBay properly allows him to sell here.

Perhaps it's confusing to read the eBay policy, because it doesn't list specific name brands, etc.

Perhaps it's confusing because you'd think.. that by simply studying what is already posted on eBay.. well, that would mean it's ok for everyone to sell them.

jmtcw,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

I think the issue with flavored rolling papers isnt associated with drug use. Its the same reason you can no longer buy flavored ciggarettes. They took them off the market because they said they were targeting kids to get them to start smoking. But i thought it was kind of strange you can get a bottle of fruitloops flavored alcohol but you cant buy a fruit flavored ciggarett in a store. Sometimes i question the logic behind some decisions by law makers. dizzy_face

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

@jaad_6732 wrote:

My listings were reviewed by ebay 48 hrs ago and only listing removed was flavored rolling papers. All items i sell are for tobacco use not drugs but in some states recreational marijuana is legal. But its on the person purchasing the items to make the right decision to use them for the intended purpose. You can buy a gun at walmart for hunting but if you use it to shoot your neighbor was walmart in fault for selling it to you? 

ok your poit may be true... but ebay said no..and that's there right..their site....so that is that.... you can agree or not, but you are using them ....so you go by the rule they make.

and yes....there may be stuff that they haven't removed and many things that are missed on the site...but they can only do so much and that will be their issue to deal with....but in your case..you know.

And yes the laws and rules are changing,...OH remember weed is still not Federally legal....so the still against the bigger law... but yes locally and such things are changing...and someday too --the ebay rules on rolling papers may change, but....not as of yet... 

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

Can you guarantee that you are selling rolling papers to a legal adult in that state across country where possession is illegal?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 50
latest reply

Yeah i suggested to ebay to make a defined list of brands and items and they agreed it was a great idea and said they would suggest it at the next meeting. Like oil burners are allowed but not specific types of them just like rolling papers are allowed just not flavored rolling papers. So it can get a bit confusing for some people who are new sellers. It would save people time and money if they could look up specific items by name or type to get a definitive answer before purchasing or listing them. Not really looking for a critique here of my personal listings. Just to make a helpful post for the community.
Message 10 of 50
latest reply

Rolling papers are allowed to be listed.  They aren't even restricted.

Shisha is prohibited.  If you included shisha in your listing, that's why it was pulled.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/tobacco-smoking-accessories-policy?id...

"Smoking accessories that are traditionally intended for smoking tobacco products are allowed."

Velcro is allowed to be listed, as long as it's actual Velcro (made by the Velcro company)

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/prohibited-restricted-items?id=4207

Prohibited and restricted items
While you can sell almost any item on eBay, maintaining the safety of our community is a responsibility we take very seriously.

For this reason, and to comply with local legal restrictions, some categories of products are restricted, or completely banned from being listed.

If you're not sure if an item you're intending to list is allowed or not, choose the relevant category from the list below to find out.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out what items are allowed on eBay?

If you're not sure whether your item can be listed on eBay, check our list of prohibited and restricted items below.

What do I do if I see an item that isn't allowed?

If you see a listing that violates one of our policies, report it by clicking Report item in the listing.

eBay prohibited and restricted items

Adult items policy

Alcohol policy

Animals and wildlife products policy

Selling art policy

Artifacts, cultural heritage, and grave-related items policy

Autographed items policy

Catalytic converter and test pipes policy

Used clothing policy

Credit and debit cards policy

Digitally delivered goods policy

Drugs and drug paraphernalia policy

Electrical and electronic equipment policy

Embargoed goods and prohibited countries policy

Encouraging illegal activity policy

Firearms,weapons and knives policy

Food policy

Gift cards policy

Government, transit, and shipping-related items policy

Government documents, IDs and licences policy

Hazardous, restricted, or regulated materials policy

Human remains and body parts policy

Lock picking devices policy

Chance listings policy

Mailing lists and personal information policy

Coupons policy

Medical drugs, devices, and healthcare policy

Personal relationships and services policy

Police-related items policy

Real estate policy

Recalled items policy

Event ticket policy

Slot machines policy

Stamps, currency and coins policy

Stocks and  other securities policy 

Stolen property policy

Travel policy

Used cosmetics policy

Read our full policy
Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Things may be restricted.....

--- on eBay

--- By a postal service.

--- By a country, and only that country

There are many sets of rules and regulations  to follow....

Do a search for eBay items ... under Help....  at the upper left corner of this page.....  look for prohibited..... restricted and then specific items.

-----------
Each if us has a restritecd list of items....  a personal  reality....

--------------

If a seller sells items that may be close to being prohibitated or restrited on eBay or elsewhere....

...........................that seller must be... very.... very... careful

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Well I've had a listing puled for using the word "ONESIE" for baby tshirt with snaps.
It seems its a vero issue. Heard from a few sellers afterwards. The word, although commonly used, belongs to a company. Currently 103,500 listings for the word "baby onesie" in baby clothing category. so you wouldn't know from searching.
go figure
Message 14 of 50
latest reply

@smileytown18 wrote:
Well I've had a listing puled for using the word "ONESIE" for baby tshirt with snaps.
It seems its a vero issue. Heard from a few sellers afterwards. The word, although commonly used, belongs to a company. Currently 103,500 listings for the word "baby onesie" in baby clothing category. so you wouldn't know from searching.
go figure

Onsie is owned by Gerber and they are very active in going after their trademark. If the ones you see are Gerber products, then onesie is acceptable. The others just haven't been caught yet.

Velco and Onesie are the two of the most taken down fo the VERO violators.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply