cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items don't meet Top Rated Seller but they all do

Listed three new items yesterday and those same three items were flagged in my seller reminders area as not meeting TRS+ requirements. Called eBay and they said "hmm, looks like ALL your items are flagged as not meeting the requirements, but they all meet the requirements when we look at them individually." They transfered me to a "Listing Expert" and 17 minutes later he said the same thing, with the exception of stating that if I wait 24 hours everything should be fine. 24 hours later and you guessed it, nothing changed.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

30 days
Money back
Buyer pays for return shipping

New TRS+ rules require free returns.........

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Wow that is kinda scary ebay CS reps don't know about TRS+ badge and discount requiring 30 day Free returns starting June 1st.
And a listing expert to boot !!!!

I see 5 newly listed since June 1st that do not have the TRS+ badge which is correct for no free returns
Once all your older ones drop off and you relist your badge will be gone as well.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the TRS+ badge still being on the older listings is just cosmetic 
I wouldn't count on the 10% TRS+ discount for anythig sold after June 1st that didn't offer the free returns. 

Here is a page to track all the wonderful new ebay updates 
https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/timeline.html

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

dhbookds had it right, but I'm not sure it was clear: TRS+ requires Free Return Shipping as of June 1.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Yes ,you will have to offer free returns so people can wear your stuff and then you pay for the return when there done with it,good luck !!!!
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have that on all items, have had it for over a year.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Oh, sorry, so I have to pay shipping on returns no matter what the circimstance? Ok didn't realize that and eBay never said a word about it yesterday.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I don't know what a listing expert is, but for any ebay rep not to know the answer to this is ridiculous.   Posters here deserve to receive the reps' paychecks.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I don't know what a listing expert is, but for any ebay rep not to know the answer to this is ridiculous.   Posters here deserve to receive the reps' paychecks.

You know the commerical hold on for XXXX   Drum roll Please
Hi this is Peggy Smiley Happy

They may tell OP it's a listing expert and it was just a person sitting at the desk next to them !!!!
I cannot imagine that CS can't keep up with the daily changes. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Just as a tip---it is a good idea to always read the Spring/Summer/Fall updates to be able to keep up with the constant ebay changes.  The last resort is to call an ebay rep.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@kakenetit2 wrote:

Oh, sorry, so I have to pay shipping on returns no matter what the circimstance? Ok didn't realize that and eBay never said a word about it yesterday.

That's why you should always come here first for advice!  Or at least read the periodic Seller Updates.  Here's the new policy on requirements for TR-Plus and the 10% FVF credit.  

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

Note that some categories are exempted, and can offer 14-day free returns, while a few can offer 30-day returns but not free, as in the old policy.  Several threads have reported that the TR-Plus badge is missing from qualifying listings in the exempted categories, so perhaps the programming hasn't caught up.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply