cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item sold and received buyer refuse to return.

The buyer claims the item is not as described and is entitled to keep it due to my shipping agreement! My shipping agreement is 60 returns.  eBay aggress with the buyer, How is this possible?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Item sold and received buyer refuse to return.

@fab_finds4u wrote:

It is possible eBay let her keep it because you didn't  act fast enough to send the buyer a free return label. If the buyer was able to escalate the case and said you didn't  send a label to return it then eBay would refund without requiring them to return it. 

But if a seller has a return policy, isn't the request accepted automatically? And with free returns, the label should come with the automatic acceptance of the return request, no? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Well, it does seem like SOMEONE found it, regardless. 

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

No, buyers are not entitled to keep your products and get a refund, unless you failed to provide a return shipping label.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@fab_finds4u wrote:

It is possible eBay let her keep it because you didn't  act fast enough to send the buyer a free return label. If the buyer was able to escalate the case and said you didn't  send a label to return it then eBay would refund without requiring them to return it. 

But if a seller has a return policy, isn't the request accepted automatically? And with free returns, the label should come with the automatic acceptance of the return request, no? 

That's been my experience, yes. The first I heard about a return (which I don't get a lot of, but it happens) was when eBay sent me a notification, and added that under the terms of the 30-day Free Return policy, they had already accepted the return request and generated a return label. I didn't have to actually do anything beyond refunding when the item came back. Not fun, but could be worse.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

I was listing at the time this came to my eBay inbox from eBay. Which literally states I have no say in the matter! 

https://www.ebay.com/rt/ReturnDetails?returnId=5223016383

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@saxsonscave wrote:

I was listing at the time this came to my eBay inbox from eBay. Which literally states I have no say in the matter! 

https://www.ebay.com/rt/ReturnDetails?returnId=5223016383

We can't see that link as the return case is under your login. Can you post a summary of what it said, or a screenshot with identifying IDs removed?

Generally speaking, if you agree to Free 30-day Returns, then yes, you don't get to argue them with the buyer; the return policy applies regardless.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Never heard from the buyer just this from eBay Appears they are happy to let the customer keep them the case is still open. The customer has been refunded from my bank account before the case is closed! The customer stated the boots are men's, not women's problem is there is no such thing as men's J.Crew boots model 65853 I guess the lesson here is don't let eBay take total control of returns! From now on it will be refunded when the Item is returned in the same condition as sent.

IMG_20221021_114153827.jpg

Message 22 of 22
latest reply