cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item sold and received buyer refuse to return.

The buyer claims the item is not as described and is entitled to keep it due to my shipping agreement! My shipping agreement is 60 returns.  eBay aggress with the buyer, How is this possible?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item sold and received buyer refuse to return.

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@fab_finds4u wrote:

It is possible eBay let her keep it because you didn't  act fast enough to send the buyer a free return label. If the buyer was able to escalate the case and said you didn't  send a label to return it then eBay would refund without requiring them to return it. 

But if a seller has a return policy, isn't the request accepted automatically? And with free returns, the label should come with the automatic acceptance of the return request, no? 

That's been my experience, yes. The first I heard about a return (which I don't get a lot of, but it happens) was when eBay sent me a notification, and added that under the terms of the 30-day Free Return policy, they had already accepted the return request and generated a return label. I didn't have to actually do anything beyond refunding when the item came back. Not fun, but could be worse.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

You didn't give a lot of detail with the situation.

Did the buyer open a NAD case? Tell the buyer, Return for refund.......rinse and repeat.

Issue a return label for the buyer. If they don't return in the allotted time, the case will time out and no refund will need to be issued. 

As far as I know, that's your only option if this is the case.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@saxsonscave wrote:

The buyer claims the item is not as described and is entitled to keep it due to my shipping agreement! 

They can CLAIM all kinds of things but the only rules that apply come from Ebay. Have they actually filed a dispute or are you just getting unhappy messages from them? You must respond to the dispute if they open one but at that time you can require them to return the item before you refund. You will probably have to send them a return label if eBay has not sent one already automatically. Give us some more detail on what has happened so far if we are not understanding the problem.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

In short, if you have a Return request to respond to, approve it and make no refund until the item is returned to you. That will satisfy eBay. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Here is what your return policy  says on a current active listing-

Return policy

After receiving the item, contact seller within Refund will be given as Returns shipping

60 daysMoney BackSeller pays for return shipping
Refer to eBay Return policyopens in a new tab or window for more details. You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guaranteeopens in a new tab or window if you receive an item that is not as described in the listing.

Here are the various return policies a seller can choose -

Your returns rules options 

You can choose to offer one of the following return policies:

• No returns
  • 30-day buyer-paid returns
  • 30-day free returns
  • 60-day buyer-paid returns
  • 60-day free returns

Maybe  you  selected the 60 day return policy?????.   I always had a  30 day buyer paid return policy

Looks  like your are on the hook to accept the return.  Check the return policy for the item you sold  via see order details

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@saxsonscave wrote:

The buyer claims the item is not as described and is entitled to keep it due to my shipping agreement! My shipping agreement is 60 returns.  eBay aggress with the buyer, How is this possible?

Let them continue to think that.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I have 30 days free returns and there is nothing for me to approve, its all automated

as long as you agree, say yes to the return then that should be it

you have a generous return policy and thats exactly what ebay wants sellers to have

@saxsonscave 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

One more thing - This  is the item # of the current unsold listing I saw with a 60 day return  -125528634095 a coffee  cup  from Starbucks

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Can you or eBay confirm that the buyer has been sent a Return Shipping Label?

Is the Dispute still open?

Enter the tracking number in the Dispute.

If it shows that it has not been used, you should win the Dispute.

If the unhappy buyer has not received the label, from you or eBay, send one immediately.

Free Returns means that you are paying for the return shipping.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@saxsonscave wrote:

"is entitled to keep it due to my shipping agreement!" -- What does that mean? How did the message come in? Did the buyer open a return request? 

"eBay aggress with the buyer" -- Does this mean the buyer already got a refund without returning the item? 

If the buyer hasn't opened a return request, respond to the message with something to the effect of, "Dear buyer, I'm sorry you aren't happy with the item. If you open a return request (directly through your order), you'll get a return shipping label at no cost to you. I'll issue a refund upon receipt of the returned item." 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I'd get rid of the free return shipping within 60 days.  Heck, I'd get rid of the free return shipping all together!

I know ebay says how great it'll be for you to be a 'top rated seller', but I won't eat those return costs.

Make them return it, but change your setting to 30 days!

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Josef Wormland Mens Vintage Lether  jacket Four Pocket Front Three Inside Size L

Nice looking jacket but you're completely excluded from search because of the typo.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Which item was it?

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

It is possible eBay let her keep it because you didn't  act fast enough to send the buyer a free return label. If the buyer was able to escalate the case and said you didn't  send a label to return it then eBay would refund without requiring them to return it. 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Was this perhaps a credit card dispute with buyer? Banking institutions usually always win...Seller automatically usually loses with buyer keeping item and eBay closed it.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply