cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item delivered after Ebay refunded

Shipped item and it got lost in the mail.  After about 6 days from time I shipped the buyer opened a case.  6 days after that the buyer was able to close the case. 3 days after that the buyer received the item.  Buyer will not give me my money back and since it was delivered I can't get my insurance back.  Called Ebay and person lied and told me they would release my refund in a couple days only to receive an email that says in detail how that is not a thing that they do.  The tracking shows it was received but since the case was closed before that I have no recourse and they tell me to learn from this.  I learned alright.  This buyer who has been nothing but horrible the whole time can keep the $125.00 jacket and the money.  Here's the email.

Hello Noel,

Good day.

Thanks for contacting eBay about the Surf PENDLETON Mens (353213252064) that you sold. I reviewed your email, and I understand that you would like to have the money back since the item was shipped and delivered to the buyer's address. Let me provide you some options.

Noel, I looked at the details of the case, and I was able to verify that at the time eBay had to step in and make a decision on this case, we were not able to see any delivery information. Please understand that if the buyer says the item was never delivered, tracking information is the only way we can prove otherwise.

Since the item was delivered already, you can communicate with the buyer ask them to repay the item. If the buyer would just like to keep the refund, you may ask the buyer to return the item to your address.

To avoid the same situation when sending items to your buyers:

• Purchase shipping insurance. Shipping insurance is the only way to protect you in the event that an item does not get delivered to a buyer and may be lost in transit.

• Use a trusted carrier. Make sure to use a carrier that has great history when it comes to shipping service.

We hope that whatever happens to this transaction will help improve your experience from using eBay. We are still looking forward to continuing business with you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Item delivered after Ebay refunded

That's typical eBay double talk. We made a decision and don't want to take the time to correct it. So take it in the a__ and shut up.

File a mail fraud case against the buyer on the USPS website. Then file a theft report with the buyers local police for theft. File an appeal on eBay and provide the delivery conformation and copies of the fraud report and police report number.

Do it quickly so that your appeal time doesn't run out. Don't know if it will get your money back, but it might get someones attention.

File an appeal and give them the tracking number that shows delivery. Also mention that there are policies that protect you for shipping delays as a result of USPS and Covid. You should win right there.

The sad part is that eBay will pay you out of their own pocket and not from the buyers. So as far as the buyer knows, they did nothing wrong and got away with it... let’s hope they don’t catch on and develop a taste for this deception.

And ebay lost some money for bending over for a buyer. Imagine how many times ebay does this when they don’t have to, then think of how long can they keep that up before raising rates one way or another (or even downsizing in departments that are essential) to make up for the loss.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think I will call again and explain more in depth but it was hard just getting ahold of Ebay.  I had to pretend to be a buyer while in the help section so I could get a callback.  The only options as a seller were fake chat and ask the community.  The item shows the tracking has been delivered so I don't know what else I could tell Ebay to get a different answer.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Have you tried contacting your buyer?  That should be your first move.  A polite professional note to your buyer letting them know that per the tracking the item has been delivered.  Then ask them if they want to keep the item or return it.  If they would like to keep the item, just let you know and ask them to give you their email address.  Then tell them you will send them an invoice through PP that they can pay from.  

I've had this happen a few times over the past few months.  Most buyers are willing to pay you, but you really should give them the option to return it as well.  You might just get pleasantly surprised by your buyer and then you don't have to go through this other stuff with Ebay.

I always try to work directly with my buyers no matter what it going on.  It has served me well over the years.

Now that isn't to say that some buyers would try to take advantage of this situation.  But the first step should always be to contact the buyer.  Then go from there if they are unwilling to work with you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 5
latest reply