cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email Confirmation for active listings

Hello eBay community;

I am a new seller and want to clarify this problem. I listed several items last week. I successfully listed those items without any error and they are still shown as active listings. But I haven't received any confirmation email from eBay for those listings. yesterday I listed another item and for that I received a confirmation email stating that the item listed successfully.

But even before listing that item, all worked well. previous listings were active and there were impressions also. But after receiving confirmation email from eBay I'm not sure whether something wrong with other listings.

what should I do for that? Please share your ideas.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@kalugalla wrote:

But I haven't received any confirmation email from eBay for those listings.

I turned off those email notirfications over a decade ago. When you list a thousand items, you do not need a thousand emails 🙂

If the items are in your active listings, everything is fine. There are dozens if not hundreds of moving parts between an email notification and your inbox, and the failure to deliver could have happened anywhere along the way. 

IMHO it is dangerous for an eBay seller to rely on email notification for any reason. Logging directly into your account each day is the best was to be sure you have dealth with questions, offers, and sales.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I never use that... haven't got that checked as one of the email notifications I want to receive.  I think if you see your listings are active, you can stop worrying about it.  All is well.

Once you get going there will be so many useless notifications filling your email, you'll probably go back to notification preferences and stop a lot of that! 

The easiest way to keep track of everything is a log of items listed.  You can put whatever you want on the item line: date, starting price, etc.  Keep it simple and functional.  When the item sells, add an item number and highlight the line. 

I sell most everything BIN, and often relist items till sold, so I only add the item number once it's sold.  That will refer me to a lot of other info in eBay (and on the eBay invoice).

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@kalugalla wrote:

But I haven't received any confirmation email from eBay for those listings.

I turned off those email notirfications over a decade ago. When you list a thousand items, you do not need a thousand emails 🙂

If the items are in your active listings, everything is fine. There are dozens if not hundreds of moving parts between an email notification and your inbox, and the failure to deliver could have happened anywhere along the way. 

IMHO it is dangerous for an eBay seller to rely on email notification for any reason. Logging directly into your account each day is the best was to be sure you have dealth with questions, offers, and sales.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@kalugalla 

You're from Sri Lanka and can't legally accept Pay Pal payments so getting paid is going to be a problem.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@little*blackdog 

Thank you very much for your reply. so, It won't be a problem anymore If listed items are in active listings.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

Thank you very much for your idea. I everyday log in to my account and check for all messages from eBay and buyers. waiting for an email is actually not good for a seller. thank you for that valuable advice.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply