cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Specifics Changes?

Did ebay get rid of a lot of item specifics categories in clothes and shoes, or is there some sort of glitch?  Noticed over the last couple of days that item specifics is greatly reduced when listing. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Item Specifics Changes?

I posted about this earlier related to the vinyl records category.  This is apparently now a widespread issue. What I'm seeing is that eBay is now showing the bare minimum of item specifics on the listing page.  It dynamically adds some if you use certain keywords in the title.  After you complete your listing, you need to go to "add recommended item specifics" from seller hub and add the missing ones.  This is not cool.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

Also happening in the antique map category. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

Also is happening in Collectibles and Home & Garden.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

Maybe this explains the complete DEAD STOP to sales and traffic over the last week. These glitches are becoming out of control.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

It was happening last week too, then appeared to be fixed. 

I guess the updates last night brought it back. 

😞

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

I agree with you. Maybe no one is watching the store while ebay open is going on.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

Clothing is really bad. Half the item specifics are missing and in jeans and pants inseam and waist size is missing. How can a multi billion dollar company make these mistakes. People need to know how clothing measures and we will be the ones who have to go back and fill them in once they get their crap together

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

I called and supposedly they opened a "case" and that they would get back to me but they've never gotten back to me so I think it is what it is. It's a pretty important issue and especially since eBay always is saying item specific are so important.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

@jkramer2  " After you complete your listing, you need to go to "add recommended item specifics" from seller hub and add the missing ones.  This is not cool. "

Yes, and that is a problem too. Because if the item specs aren't in when the original listing goes live, EVERY time they auto relist, you have to go in and re-enter them since they don't 'stick'.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

Art category too. This is not cool. These are item specifics customers are invited to click on by eBay when they search the art category. Now they are missing on the listing page and can't be filled in. Another hinderance that is probably eBay's idea of an improvement.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

There is a post about this in Report eBay Technical Issues as well. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Item-specifics-missing-from-original-list...

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Item Specifics Changes?

An eBay rep was participating on this topic here if you want to follow. I tagged them again to see if any updates.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Item-specifics-Please-help/m-p/33991175#M2277406

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply