cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Held at Post Office..Should I Notify the Buyer?

Sent out a package on August 31 and it arrived at the buyers PO for delivery September 6 (The exact date shown for delivery) Originally PO showed "No safe place to deliver" then overnight held at post office. 

#1 Should I send a quick message to let the buyer know that the post office has package or let it ride until/if they open an INR

#2 In the event they do open an INR I am protected by uploading tracking showing delivery attempt and hold at PO, correct?

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Item Held at Post Office..Should I Notify the Buyer?

My thoughts too especially since it is not that valuable of an item 

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

We had one last week but it shows "attempted to deliver, held at postoffice, customers request"

First time ever seen that and had notified the buyer no response.

Guess we shall see if becomes a problem. 

The tracking status ebay vs usps website..

Screenshot_20220912-192754_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-192852_Chrome.jpg

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

2, Yes you are protected if the buyer opens an inr.  Attempted delivery and held at post office are considered by eBay as being delivered.

It wouldn’t hurt to let the buyer know that it is at the post office in case  they weren’t left a card by the carrier.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

If they don't' respond on your first try, don't worry about it. The PO will return it and the buyer may be the type to disregard the purchase over being torqued off at the PO.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Hi, 

If it was me it would msg them.  

I have a regular buyer who has three delivery points.  His house (Porch), his Garage, and his shop. 

Him mail carrier is very good about noting where s/he left the package.   My buyer is older, so if I catch it, I try to msg him and let him know where the box is.  Save him from troughing, sometime in the snow, all over his property. 

Have a great day

Penny 

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 20 of 20
latest reply