cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It will take 2 days to get paid?????

This is ridiculous! I would rather pay the minuscule extra and go back to the old way with Paypal.

Ebay is charging more and giving less, I hope this company fails and goes out of business.

Message 1 of 152
latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

From what Ive seen on the boards, many sellers are on weekly payments and happy with that..of course, if any seller is living hand to mouth..probably not a good idea.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 76 of 152
latest reply

I don't mind the wait, BUT, I do mind eBay asking me for my birthdate, and last four of my SSN. This is information that can be used to defraud you. And if your payments now go directly to your bank, then the "to better identify you" doesn't fly. I don't like it, and I think my selling on ebay days are over. I have other sites I can use to sell my items. I'm just glad I never committed a business to eBay, I'd be really **bleep** right now.

Sorry ebay, you've become too much like my government, which, lately, I don't like much either. Its been a great run, 22 years, time to move on. Take care, and good luck, sellers! [BTW, if you can't offer a constructive comment to the original post, don't say anything at all. Your condescending remarks show your immaturity, or what do you call those who hide behind their keyboard?

Message 77 of 152
latest reply

No hiding here, this is an open board, and as long as posters follow board guidelines, they are free to post their own opinions. So you had no problem giving Paypal your ss#?It was required by law for tax purposes..just as it is required by Ebay now.And most other selling  websites.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 78 of 152
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your sales could be better, too. Obviously, this seller, like myself, is sick of working harder to make a little, PROBABLY JUST LIKE YOURSELF. I don't know, instead of itching him out BITTERLY, why don't you give some pointers to us on HOW to get our money faster? Some of us can't afford a store like yourself, too. So next time, try a little tenderness and drop the itching. Check out Cordell1's post, spot on but very polite and supporting. Besides, you know how wonky eBay is. Better hope they don't have a security breach. AGAIN. 

THAT is why I'm out, along with many others. You can stay if you like though.

Message 79 of 152
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's a lot of older folk who just aren't with it these days. I'm middle aged, so I can honestly state this.

Message 80 of 152
latest reply

@epsidude wrote:

It should go down, and something better should take it's place. We should not be sheep. I find this change not for the good.

You're being nasty. Grow up.

Message 81 of 152
latest reply

@epsidude wrote:

umm and your point is? Would you be happy with taking a month for people to pay you for stuff they take from your yard sale?

yard sales are NOT online sales and do not have credit card processors. Duh!

Message 82 of 152
latest reply

@epsidude wrote:

But Amazon require for me to pay for stuff right away, why not let me pay in a few days?

Amazon also makes SELLERS wait to get their money. Keep going, you're going from ignorant to just pathetic.

Message 83 of 152
latest reply

@rockmaker wrote:

I don't mind the wait, BUT, I do mind eBay asking me for my birthdate, and last four of my SSN. This is information that can be used to defraud you. And if your payments now go directly to your bank, then the "to better identify you" doesn't fly. I don't like it, and I think my selling on ebay days are over. I have other sites I can use to sell my items. I'm just glad I never committed a business to eBay, I'd be really **bleep** right now.

Sorry ebay, you've become too much like my government, which, lately, I don't like much either. Its been a great run, 22 years, time to move on. Take care, and good luck, sellers! [BTW, if you can't offer a constructive comment to the original post, don't say anything at all. Your condescending remarks show your immaturity, or what do you call those who hide behind their keyboard?

So you mind them getting the information required by the government to make sure you're not a money launderer or tax evader?

Message 84 of 152
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

There's a lot of older folk who just aren't with it these days. I'm middle aged, so I can honestly state this.

That's a rude, agegist thing to say, and rather snotty of you as well. 

Message 85 of 152
latest reply

Paypal is in the business of money transfers, Ebay isn't.

I doubt they have the same security in place.  Certainly they haven't gone out of their way to assure us that our information is safe, other than the useless "how we share" boilerplate bla bla.

If a strategic pipeline can be hacked, I'm sure the same group is probing the new Ebay MP system for vulnerabilities.

I'm sure other readers here have had their credit cards hacked due to sloppy security practices at a vendor or two.

I am not handing over sensitive information to this unknown entity!

I have moved on to more targeted ( and less expensive) platforms for sales for now, where I can use paypal or credit card processing exclusively.

Message 86 of 152
latest reply

I wish you good luck then..and Im relieved that I am not a paranoid person.

Message 87 of 152
latest reply

I know how greed works, and how it manipulates sheep.

Message 88 of 152
latest reply

I lost 4 credit cards to bad internet security. Not paranoia, but fact.

At least all that happened was the charges were removed and a new card was issued. A hassle due to a vendor's negligence!

Credit cards don't have my personal data when they are hacked, so the damage stops there.

Ebay wants the "good stuff" that a hacker can use for full blown identity theft!

Identity theft is a nightmare I wish to avoid, so I am VERY careful about sharing my personal data and you should be too.

I'm not sure what happens when a hacker cleans out your bank accounts, are you?

I hope I never have to say "I told you so".

Good luck!

Message 89 of 152
latest reply

Wow, you were hacked four cc's? Thats just amazing..Ive been buying and selling on the net for twenty one years and have never been hacked..wonder why?As for bank accounts, Ive been with the same bank for forty years and online banking for over twenty and never a problem.And I expect that will continue, status quo with MP. Tho I do think any website could fall victim to hacking..I dont usually hope for drama and problems before they happen...

Message 90 of 152
latest reply