cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s not you. It’s us.

It’s not you. It’s us.

Our server is down, but we’ll have things back to normal soon. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

This is the message I got when I tried to get to listing tonight.  I wish I knew how they define soon.  How annoying, and frustrating.  Just another Ebay experience. 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: It’s not you. It’s us.

@linus.hux72fe wrote:

It’s not you. It’s us.

Our server is down, but we’ll have things back to normal soon. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

This is the message I got when I tried to get to listing tonight.  I wish I knew how they define soon.  How annoying, and frustrating.  Just another Ebay experience. 

I listed 6 items tonight without any problems  but I have had that experience  previously .  Hopefully they will get it fixed soon . Tulips 

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I received that message yesterday morning when trying to switch to the classic shipping page.

It scares me that we have so many problems that haven't been addressed this year and soon they will be rolling out the Spring Seller Update when sellers are already frustrated enough.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

I received that message yesterday morning when trying to switch to the classic shipping page.

It scares me that we have so many problems that haven't been addressed this year and soon they will be rolling out the Spring Seller Update when sellers are already frustrated enough.

Instead of Seasonal Seller Updates, they should have Seasonal Seller Fixes where they finally fix issues that have been around for years.

"Maybe finish this candy bar before you open another one!" -Stewie Griffin

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

I don't think there is a single website out there that has not had that problem. Yes bit annoying but stuff happens. Did you happen to try using the site during the normal maintenance night which is a planned event for most all companies ?

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

I was trying to list directly before I posted so is that normal maintenance time? My time would have been beginning listing at 7:00 central and giving up a bout an hour later.

Yes it's annoying most probably so because I work another job and have limited time free to post, generally two evenings in the month.

As well it's annoying because this is hardly the first time it's happened in the last four months. For me, my count is over 10 times during that period of time.

And it only adds to the annoyance level that for whatever reason sales have been slow for a good number of sellers.

Finally as others mentioned, here and on other threads, the number of glitches is pretty darn large as is the number that appear to never get fixed, the server problems that have become seemingly so common they've made a distinctive page with the cute question mark, which is not to mention the coming seller update that based on previous experience causes upheaval and uncertainty as well as a whole new round of it's own glitches, confusion, and communication failures.

Well, I imagine I'll just have to give it a go another time. Good luck to you all and thank you all for letting me vent a bit of steam.
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

I get this randomly with an error 500 in the URL which indicates a server problem.  eBay's standard answer is to clear cache & cookies.  While clearing my temporary files works, I shouldn't have to do that daily -- sometimes, 3 or 4 times per day.  I checked and I had about 20 temporary files, which is almost nothing, so it can't be full.

eBay told me to switch to Google Chrome, which I refuse to do for security reasons.  Internet Explorer has been the standard for businesses for years, and they should support it. 

While on phone with support, they put me on "hold" and terminated the phone call.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Ebay was a real pig yesterday. Constant not responding, long running scripts, page can't be displayed, not you it's us, DNS not found etc etc.

Battled through and managed to print labels and actually do some listings.

I'm a member of the Outback Club = )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXhy2ZxFWRI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqmQKuymY3g

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

@rayw1379 wrote:

eBay told me to switch to Google Chrome, which I refuse to do for security reasons.  Internet Explorer has been the standard for businesses for years, and they should support it. 

×××××××××××××××××××××

It may be best to comply avoiding future discomfort & inconvenience.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

The agent with whom I spoke called me back after about 15 minutes, but my phone didn't ring. She left a message that they didn't know what was causing the problem and again suggested using another browser.

It's rather pathetic they can't address problems.
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Good point, but I wouldn't dream of exposing my computer to the potential hazards of a Google Chrome invasion, just to satisfy eBay or keep me from having to clear the temporary files.  (I've worked with computers since 1974.)

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

@rayw1379 wrote:

"Been" is the operative word. It's 2019 not 1999, IE is now down to about a 5% share, even if you add in Edge it's still at less than 10% market share and continuing to drop.

In any event, eBay is a consumer site and very few consumers use IE anymore. Also, close to half of eBay users are using mobile devices, IE Mobile doesn't even register in the stats on browser usage.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Maybe they are getting things 'ready' for the new update, and the changes to come?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 13 of 32
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

Maybe they are getting things 'ready' for the new update, and the changes to come?

The way things are acting, and the fact that today is Monday, really makes me wonder if they are going to drop the update on us tomorrow. I thought later in the month, but we know it will be one of the next 3 Tuesdays.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

The way things are acting, and the fact that today is Monday, really makes me wonder if they are going to drop the update on us tomorrow. I thought later in the month, but we know it will be one of the next 3 Tuesdays.

Yeah, sort of fits the M.O.  Sooner than later might mean less upheaval, it this is the case.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 15 of 32
latest reply