cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's clear that eBay does not look into listings reported. Website, retail store info, etc.

I have reported several times an eBay seller for listing violations. I would just like for every seller to play on the same level field or at least follow the rules. I don't report many listings, probably a couple a year. This seller has one photo in all of their thousands of active listings that show their retail store front, store hours, full physical address, phone numbers, email address, and website. The eBay AI bots found every report to have no problems. So, I will begin doing the same, although I don't have a retail store. My business website, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. It's a shame that some play games with getting around the rules that we all have to abide by, but it's even more of a shame that eBay does not enforce them. My rant - now stepping down. Thanks for the two minutes. Recommendation - don't waste your time reporting anything. No one cares at eBay.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: It's clear that eBay does not look into listings reported. Website, retail store info, etc.

If I need to explain everything I post, do, or say, I wouldn't have any time to spend my money and enjoy myself. Good grief. 

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: It's clear that eBay does not look into listings reported. Website, retail store info, etc.

Self checkout? I must have missed that in my OP. Self-checkout is a "job"? Strange.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Your statement actually reinforces my point of why eBay SHOULD be enforcing its rules against sellers trying to sell off eBay by inserting their retail store name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, and non-eBay websites.  Thanks for your positive reply.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@greatmidwestcoin wrote:

Self checkout? I must have missed that in my OP. Self-checkout is a "job"? St

checkout clerk is a job that the big stores are  intent on having customers do for free  much like ebay has done with customer support and policing listings 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I misunderstood as I read "self checkout". I would agree with you, though. Companies charge more so they can do less for you, the customer.  That is the way.  Have a good one.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

Yes, if you can't beat 'em when it comes to breaking the rules, just join 'em.  You'll never get caught.

There's that.  

Law and order don't exist anymore.   As long as you're WOKE and DEI you are golden.  Go ahead and clear a shelf at Walgreens ... nobody can do anything about it. 

Oh, and, also ... nobody likes a snitch.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Posts like this are the reasons why I feel the US is done for.

Typical boomer response.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I started a similar post before I saw this...I'm gping to bump it up, this is one of the most egregious, flagrant abuse of e-Bay policies and need to be corrected. Before ya' all think I'm a nitpicking a-hole let me tell what my motto is, what my life philosophy is all about..."Live and Let Live:

I've never left a bad review even when it was merited, I just don't believe in ruining someone's day just because it's in my power. When I used that " other" site, you know , the big river, I had a customer give me a one 1 out of 5 because I dared suggest she leave feedback if she was pleased, she wrote that I spoiled her shopping experience and treatened me to call my I.P. if I dared insist...it's sticking in my craw to this day!! What this guy is doing is obscene, listing multiple of same item just to see my and other listing disappear from the head of the line, no picture, no details etc...How they do it I cannot fathom, the bot start screaming if I leave out the smallest detail! So, here I go with a big bump!!

Message 23 of 23
latest reply