cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isn't eBay offering anymore FREE listing promotions?

I haven't received a free listing promoton from eBay all month.  Usually they offer 1000 to 2000 free listings. Does anyone know what's going on?

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

I have been waiting as well. Now I risk losing all my listings that didn't sell and are approaching the 60 day mark ;( There are never enough free listings available.
Message 76 of 89
latest reply

@roadypig  Excellent post & thanks for the reply ... one point though is i believe the next Seller update will be this Fall opposed to this Summer ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 77 of 89
latest reply

Don't beg for the impossible. Play their game. If they dont give free listings, Ebay will not make money from the sellers unless you give in to their .30 per listing. They are doing this for the simple reason that the sellers will be forced to get into their stores. For a 100 listings, you would be lucky to sell a couple of them. Did you notice there are lesser listings now compared to those years sellers were not deprived from listing a lot for free? There are more sellers who are quitting now. Their 30-day returns is enough to  drive away more sellers and now its getting worst when there are no more free listings. The increase of pay pal fees and shipping costs will definitely slow down the sales too! Sad to say but Ebay will never be the same again. It's no more fun to sell on their site.

Message 78 of 89
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have not received a free listing off since the beginning of January, i had 800+ listings and have thus lost seemingly forever 200+ listings , free listing offers keep me listing and selling, and with that money i BUY, but lately Ebay is stingy and im losing hundreds of hours of listed items and $$ 😞
Message 79 of 89
latest reply

Sales are way down these past two months w/o any additional free listings beyond the initial 50 we're alloted at the start of each month.  I usually have about 100 items listed but have in the 40-50 range since end of January.  If I coudl list more, eBay would make far more off my sales than they would make on 30 cents  per listing.  

It seems like in the last 2 months I've received a ton of emails from eBay pointing out things I might like to buy, telling me how many peole are watching my items, etc.  Not even interesting to me, and doesn't help my bottom line at all.  

I think eBay's going to lose a lot of sellers if they stop letting us list more than 50 items a  month for free.  I know many people who are moving to sites like LetGo and there's another new one I've seen advertised (forget the name).  Might be worth trying a few alternatives if things don't change at eBay soon. 

Message 80 of 89
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

So true

Message 81 of 89
latest reply

I am with you. The fact that ebay has such high fees and really don't care enough to throw us a bone here and there makes a buyer think maybe I just need to close my account. I have been selling sinse 2011 and work all the time on my store. Ebay makes money. Paypal makes money. Even the post office makes money. I am the one working my butt off and ebay cannot even give some free promotions on a monthly or everyother month. I have not had any promos for almost 6 months. Meanwhile I have to pay for that stupid store that I run out of listings before the month is over. I am a very unhappy ebayer right now. 

Message 82 of 89
latest reply

@angelwingsjes wrote:

I am with you. The fact that ebay has such high fees and really don't care enough to throw us a bone here and there makes a buyer think maybe I just need to close my account. I have been selling sinse 2011 and work all the time on my store. Ebay makes money. Paypal makes money. Even the post office makes money. I am the one working my butt off and ebay cannot even give some free promotions on a monthly or everyother month. I have not had any promos for almost 6 months. Meanwhile I have to pay for that stupid store that I run out of listings before the month is over. I am a very unhappy ebayer right now. 

You do realize this thread is over a year old, right? 

Message 83 of 89
latest reply

heheheh. yeh free listings stink up the auction search. don't see how it hurts buy it now to have more products available for buyers to buy and sellers to sell. Free auction listings though, that's something we shouldn't be getting thousands of. Good luck!
Message 84 of 89
latest reply

Very true angelwingsjes. The good quality sellers don't get enough benefits at this job.
Message 85 of 89
latest reply

in 2016 they reduced the 1000, 2000, 5000, or 10,000 free listing to ONLY 50 per month this year. And recently ( June 2017) they reduced to none at all. ( Meaning no free listings ) I personally refuse to pay to list item (no problem with fees when it sells ) but it is not cost effective for me to pay to list,  as the majority of the items I sell have to be re listed numerous times until the buyer who is looking for my specific item comes along. I would like to remain selling on EBay  but there is so much online selling competition & I have never had an item not sell  it just seems crazy to leave hundreds of items sitting unlisted in my unsold folder  because Ebay no longer offers free listing promotions.

Message 86 of 89
latest reply

eBay executives don't want to make any money, that is why they dropped the 'mother of all dud promotions' on us that ended on the 14th of June, the good old free auctions with buy it now !!!

If they actually wanted to make money for the corporation the seller would get free choice of auction or fixed price, they also make the same blunder with store owners, they should also have full choice on what listing mode they use, but eBay forces them into the dud auction listings there too !!!

Message 87 of 89
latest reply

OMG so very true!!!!

Message 88 of 89
latest reply

It's outrageous how ebay keeps hitting up sellers for more money.   What a scam it was to take the discount away from super sellers and offer ebay bucks.   They are really pushing for me to open a store and I won't but I havent received a promotion in months.

Message 89 of 89
latest reply