cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there something wrong with PayPal?

I'm trying to buy a book here and all seems well but then I get a 'Capcha"  three times in a row.  Never have had to do that before.  I went back to the item and tried again, this time it (PP) wanted me to log in again and do the security call, which I did, but I hit complete purchase 3 times and it never went thru.  Anyone else having problems?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is there something wrong with PayPal?

Anyone else having problems?

@moondogblues 

I've read three threads about this just this morning. So, yep... others are. Hang in there.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You can bypass using PayPal by making your purchases with a credit or debit card. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

That's what I finally did.  But I dislike the fact that doing that puts my CC number in the hands of a seller.  I know most are honest but I've been hacked 4 times and also had my complete identity stolen, and what a nightmare that was.  It took YEARS to straighten out, and police involvement.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks to those who answered, I thought maybe my keyboard was messing up...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@moondogblues   sellers NEVER see or know how you paid.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

If you run into this problem again, try checking out using a different browser. If that works, try manually clearing your PayPal cookies in your original browser.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Neither PP or the new Managed Payments ever gave the CC number to the seller.  In fact, we don't even know how you paid.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Sellers never see your credit card numbers. The only thing sellers see is what you paid, not how you paid.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I had a   customer use PP to buy a few hours ago. It's an international sale and from  a different site, if that helps any.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I made a purchase on another website with PayPal in the wee hours of the morning-- I got a confirmation number for my order and it's showing on the site as "Processing" and basically waiting for them to ship it out. The payment itself hasn't processed but I suspect that's because the site hasn't actually processed my order for shipping yet and it won't go through until the confirm my order and ship.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply