cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anything I can do about this?!?! So disheartening!

This guy left me this feedback this morning.... His complaint is that he ordered a CD. He ordered an LP which was listed in the correct category --- vinyl LP records. We don't really sell CD's... maybe one or two every once in a while. The guy never contacted me; if he had I might have reasonably just refunded his money... But, the point is he ordered what he got from the category the item was properly listed in. 

What to do? 

NOTE: And, if you look at his feedback, HE'S DONE THIS **bleep** BEFORE TO ANOTHER SELLER!!! What gives?!?! This guy's a menace! 

IMG_0912.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Is there anything I can do about this?!?! So disheartening!

Use the automated feedback help to ask for a removal.

Don't just refund his money, it was HIS mistake.

If he files a SNAD claim make him return it before refunding (if the value warrants paying return postage)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'm sorry the buyer didn't read the listing or if he did read, didn't understand what you were selling. 

I'd contact the buyer and explain that your listing was indeed accurate and listed and described a "12" LP" but if that's not what he expected or if he didn't know what an LP is, you're happy to take it back for a refund. 

Tell the buyer to open a return request. If he opens NAD (even if not NAD), you'll have to pay for return shipping. If he opens with a remorse reason, you can make him pay for return shipping. (That's up to you.)

Once he returns and you issue a refund, you can ask if he's willing to revise the feedback. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

On top of that he spelt wrong wrong.  Seriously, You can list the below and people would still complain they thought they would get a CD  I have similar problems with laserdiscs and it does drive you nuts.  Call eBay and let them know your story.  I have had luck before with it.  Regardless, below is a joke, though that is basically how I list my Laserdiscs minus a few of the words.  Good luck.

Record - Title - 12" Vinyl - Record

in the listing. 

Listed under Records 

This is a record, it is not a cd.  It will not play in a CD player as it is a 12" vinyl record meant to be played on a record player.  A record player plays a 12" plastic disc that plays music.  If you have any questions about what a record is, vinyl is or even how long 12" is I would be happy to explain it to you.

And you would still have people say they didnt know they were buying a record.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

l would contact eBay for business on Facebook and explain the situation.  They are very helpful and can walk you through everything.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I guess he didn't look at the photos too - that is one weird looking "CD."  Good luck. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

IDK if you have reported this to Ebay for removal yet, but I would add that you make sure you tell Ebay they have a FB history of doing this to other sellers.  That shows Abuse of the FB system and Ebay doesn't like that anymore than sellers do.  It is an important fact to tell them.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Many (many) years ago I used to sell used computers and parts on ebay. Sold a used 386 with a 5 1/4 " floppy drive. Got a neg with a comment that the CD drive didn't work. Yeah, I don't think CD drives were ever a thing with x386 machines. Buyers don't always know what they are buying.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi @bottlerocketrecordsbooks sorry about your neg. Took a look at the listing associated with it. In future, i would consider changing up such titles to include keywords along the lines of “ 12”  Vinyl Record LP. ”    

I can see why the buyer was confused. Some jargon may go over the head of shoppers not familiar enough with it to discern they are buying a record, not  a CD.

In this case, though, since CDs are pressed too, and likely only another collector would realize that ST2283 denotes the LP and SC6047 is the CD, so having keywords “Vinyl Record” in the title might help prevent this kind of buyer error in the future.

It’s not fair to sellers to have to jump thru hoops, but since eBay is a buyer-centric platform, we need to protect our interests as best we can.

Some just don’t read, some look at the price and the galley photo only, others can’t comprehend. It is a shame we must write listings with the lowest common denominator in mind. But it is an expedient way to deal with the non-readers to prevent returns and negative fallout.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply