cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to pause some items

Found out this morning that a locker I store items in has been broken into. Some items taken others not but everything in my filing system is everywhere. Larger items are easy but smaller items not so. Is there a way to pause some items till I locate and refile them without putting everything in vacation mode. Because of listing fees I do not want to cancel anything to just have to relist.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Is there a way to pause some items

Maybe someone else will have a better solution for you, but all I can think of at this point is to raise the prices on those items to something unreasonable.   

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Today is the last day of the month, so relisting during March is going to happen anyway.

Here's the process to temporarily hide a fixed price listing:

1. Go to your site preferences and activate the option called "Out of stock."

2. Revise the listing quantity to zero.

3. When you want to "relist" the item, just revise the quantity again.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/bulk-listings?id=4160#outofstock

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@unhexxxxed wrote:

Found out this morning that a locker I store items in has been broken into. Some items taken others not but everything in my filing system is everywhere. Larger items are easy but smaller items not so. Is there a way to pause some items till I locate and refile them without putting everything in vacation mode. Because of listing fees I do not want to cancel anything to just have to relist.

You can go to Account Preferences and enable the out-of-stock option.

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences&FClassic=true&ssPageName=S... 

After you have enabled the out-of-stock option, you can edit the listings you are unsure of to a quantity of 0.  Those items will move to out of stock and stay active, but not be shown to potential buyers and can not be purchased.  Once you know for sure the status of the item you can either edit the quantity back to the amount on hand or end the item(s) if you no longer have them.  GTC out-of-stock items will renew for three cycles and then be ended by eBay.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I will give the out-of-stock option a try. Can I do this with the bulk list and edit all at one time?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I would think another option is to use the vacation setting in your store and be sure to hide your listings.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@unhexxxxed wrote:

I will give the out-of-stock option a try. Can I do this with the bulk list and edit all at one time?

Yes, you can put a check mark by the items you want to change the quantity to 0 and edit them all at the same time.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@unhexxxxed   Unless you know exactly what is missing or damaged you should put everything on Vacation mode, hiding your fixed priced listings and ending any auctions that are going to end before you can inspect what is and isn't missing.

The reason for this suggestion is that paying a few insertion fees (if that happens) is a whole lot better then selling things you don't have and having to cancel purchases because you are Out Of Stock, those strikes are not good.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@unhexxxxed wrote:

How many items are we talking about? 

It is the 29th of the month, so I assume you will get a new batch of free insertions tomorrow. 

I would just end them all and then relist them as I confirmed they were still in stock. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Well, when I first checked this seller's listings this morning, mostly to determine whether they had any auction-format listings, they had no auctions and 222 fixed price listings. Now they're showing 149 active listings. So my guess is that the missing listings have gone into OOS status.  

They have also put their Store on vacation and have blocked all sales, so perhaps they are still working on figuring out which items have to be delisted.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect   Ahhh, they got some good advice ... that's got to be a horrible feeling going to the storage area and seeing that it was broken in to ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 11
latest reply