cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a new procedure for INRs?

I had a INR today.

The item was purchased on November 1st.

Shipped on November 2nd.

Tracking shows delivered on November 6th.

Today the buyer opens a INR and in the case says:

"Package was sent to wrong address. Has the merchandise been returned? If so, please send to..."

I went to respond to the case, like always, but this time the tracking was already filled in,

so it wouldn't let me update the case with a tracking number like i usually do.

It would let me respond with a comment.

"No, the package was not returned. The tracking shows it was delivered on November 6th to the address you provided."

Is this something new?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Does it make a difference that the item was scanned as delivered? I know the golden advice is to always enter tracking into the case, of course, but since it was already marked delivered ... does that cause it to be a different scenario so the tracking is auto-filled?

Odd they waited 9 days?...

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Interesting.

I haven't had an INR for a bit, but will def be on the lookout if the tracking is pre filled.

Honestly, it should be this way if they changed it. Would be a good change for tracking that has already been updated as 'Delivered' in the system.

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

It’s delivered end of story.

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

It’s redundant to re enter a tracking number that is already there on ebay and USPS. 

Message 5 of 38
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Honestly, it should be this way if they changed it. Would be a good change for tracking that has already been updated as 'Delivered' in the system. 

It should go back to eBay throwing up a banner Your item was delivered on [date] and then block an INR case ... the way it used to be. So this is not a good change.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

Dear Buyer:  According to tracking #                , your package was delivered on November 6th.

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Yep, put that in a message 

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

That would make perfect sense, however, there are times when something crazy goes on with the postal service like a package getting put in the wrong PO BOX.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

That is when you gotta call the destination PO and have them find it.

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

I deal with some fairly expensive stuff so when I get these I do invest time in calling the destination PO and find out where this package ended up. 

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Maybe this is a first step by eBay to automate handling of some of the INR cases. I have always thought it was crazy for eBay to require the seller to upload the tracking information if the seller had it in the original order information. They could possibly take this a few steps further by checking the tracking information from the carriers and in cases where the item shows delivered automatically providing that information to the buyer and closing the case out in the sellers favor. However, that would depend on eBay accurately pulling the complete information from the carriers and doing the proper evaluation and has been shown there is often a disparity as to what the tracking information shows in the order information and what you get when you access the carrier information directly. 

It would save sellers from wasting time responding to cases where eBay can handle the case internally. Of course the issues would remain for those cases where  the seller had not provided the tracking information in the order or were/are not using one of the integrated carriers. 

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Sounds like a step in the right direction. Wondering if eBay automatically recognizes INR case scans such as, "delivered to agent for final delivery", "delivery attempted", "item available for pickup" etc. as delivered?

I would assume they do, but one never knows.......

Posting ID
Message 13 of 38
latest reply

Sounds like a step in the right direction. Wondering if eBay automatically recognizes INR case scans such as, "delivered to agent for final delivery", "delivery attempted", "item available for pickup" etc. as delivered?

I would assume they do, but one never knows.......

That would the the difficult part in the full automation process. Covering every integrated carriers tracking history and recognizing all of the terminology that represented delivered. Any changes by the carrier(s) regarding their tracking information showing delivery would have to be integrated into any eBay automated process. 

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I went to respond to the case, like always, but this time the tracking was already filled in,

so it wouldn't let me update the case with a tracking number like i usually do.

It would let me respond with a comment.

That's happened to me before where tracking was prefilled. Like you, I responded with a comment, because we've learned from reps on this board that sellers are required to respond to a case even if all the info is there.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 15 of 38
latest reply