cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it to have two eBay profiles?

Hey all.

I'm selling a wide variety of items and I'm just wondering if it's worth it to create two eBay profiles for separate niches, rather then just uploading a wide variety of items to one. I've just started out recently so I won't be losing reputation or anything.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Use one account until you build up your selling account. You have 6 items for sale and 4 out of the 6 are in a similar category. See where you are a year from now then reevaluate.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I always used the categories within the store for all of my items but in saying that I am someone who likes everything streamlined and going from account to account would annoy me LOL.

I have always had 3 profiles - Seller / Buyer and posting on the boards which is this one.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Use one account until you build up your selling account. You have 6 items for sale and 4 out of the 6 are in a similar category. See where you are a year from now then reevaluate.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

"going from account to account would annoy me"

I have always had 3 profiles - Seller / Buyer and posting on the boards which is this one.

I use four different browsers, one for each ID - three selling, 1 purchasing.  But I've been selling since '97 and started out with just one account.  The four browsers trick allows me to know which ID I'm in based on which browser I'm using.  It also lets me see the different behaviors of the site that are browser-based.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Totally agree with this - keeping track of multiple selling IDs can be more of a hassle if you're not already comfortable with the process of listing, selling, shipping.  Take the time to learn the basics, then move on to the next level.

I manage three selling IDs because my eCommerce software makes most of what I do to inventory, list, sell, ship a whole lot easier.  For example, for this ID, where I'm selling collectable elongated coins, my listing template means I only need the picture (they only have image on one side, generally), and a brief description.  And even those descriptions can be pre-stored as 'snippets', so I only have to pull the right snippet out of the list and the description is done.  Everything else - price, categories, Item Specifics, etc - is all defined in the template.

But then I've been doing this since before "the Internet" became a thing, selling via BBS systems (think AOL but smaller, locally owned, internationally connected).  And I've been writing business software since '79... you tend to learn a lot of interesting things just by listening to your clients. 🙂  My four accounts were created years apart, generally based on a specific need, and only when I had hundreds of unit of inventory to sell.  My elongates, at this time, have a backlog over 5000 coins, and 90% of them are unique.  Having a streamlined inventory > listing > selling > shipping system in place is not just helpful, it's almost required.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have multiple Selling accounts because I don't like to pay listing fees.

More free listings is the primary reason to have multiple accounts. If you are not running more  than 200+ listings it will just complicate your Ebay acactivity.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply