cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm seeing a lot more buyer abuse of sellers - blackmail - because ebay isn't not there for sellers

Isn't there any way to talk to ebay like there used to be? The chatbot is useless. Just repeats what everyone already knows. Abusive buyers are having a field day ripping buyers off.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm seeing a lot more buyer abuse of sellers - blackmail - because ebay isn't not there for sellers

@sitonmycar wrote:

Isn't there any way to talk to ebay like there used to be? The chatbot is useless. Just repeats what everyone already knows. Abusive buyers are having a field day ripping buyers off.

You can request to have Ebay phone you back by following the Help links. You cannot cold-call them as in the past. 

If you can give us some more details here about what went wrong then we may be able to help.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I've also noticed that the Chat bot seems to have forgotten how to connect me to an actual human.  Very irritating it is.  Our performance level dropped from Top Rated to Above Average because we did not ship for the week I was out with Covid.  According to the 'Appeal A Defect' screens, I should be able to get those late shipments removed due to illness.  Of the 20+ appeals I filed, only one was accepted... and they were all the exact same wording (paste is faster than type).  Chat bot just goes around in circles, no matter how many times I direct ask for a Customer Service Representative (the official title), CSR (shorthand), or agent (less shorthand).

eBay had a good thing when the chat was working as expected.  Now it's just another reminder of where sellers are on the "pole of good things".  At the bottom.  And that is terribly disappointing.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Abusive buyers are having a field day ripping buyers off.

Now.

What is the problem you had that led to your post?

BTW- Even if you have a No Returns policy, you are allowed to demand the return of a disputed item before refunding. And eBay does not force you to refund until the item is shown to be returned.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ebay is 100% for the buyers< Sellers come a dime a dozen< Ebay has no respect for sellers< That is why i am gone after 18 years of selling>> Sad!!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply