cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me or is search really this bad?

I can't believe I'm the only person with a set of these coasters.

Oh and just FTR when I first searched conoco coasters what I got was t-shirts......really eBay?

100_3701.jpg100_3704.jpg

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Is it just me or is search really this bad?

I ran the search and it showed me 0 results for both live and completed listings.  Tshirts for me only came up under "Results matching fewer words".

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

ymeagainlord
Your coasters are not showing up for me..

Cannot even begin to explain everything that has gone on for me with ebay in the last 24 hours. Half of my listings don't show up, some do but not with the requisite Free Returns etc etc etc

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

searching "conoco drink coasters" will get you unrelated coasters instead of unrelated t-shirts... not sure why "conoco coasters" returns t-shirts, but to answer your question, search really is not that bad, I suspect it is actually worse...

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I did a google search and nothing is coming up there either.

Is this the same as Conoco Phillips?

As far as the T shirts it was picking up the Conoco name on some.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

The T-shirts come up under "Results matching fewer words" which ebay does when there are very few results (or zero, in  this case).

Frankly I find it completely believable that nobody would find those coasters worth listing.  Or maybe you have something super-rare that will be bid up to four figures!  You won't know if you don't list it.  You already have the pictures.  Just start it at $9.99 and see what happens.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

The lead T shirt had Conoco on it.

And then some had  other gasoline names.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I just searched for the coasters and came up with 0 results. I see a Conoco truck and t-shirts. No wonder sales are down 50%. I've found the past 2 weeks that I've been back - search is wonky. I'm repeatedly getting - can not find this page when I click on listings.

I'm beginning to think it would be less of a summer slow down if search wasn't so bad lately. 

And update - Free Returns and many of my newly listed items still have 0 views. I use to be able to do a bulk edit and refresh them but even that isn't working.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

3 sets of amoco coasters for $18.99

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

LOL....you just might have a RARE item....I did a google search and none there either. Better list them quick for a big price, before others find theirs and list them. They have really messed up a good research feature. I came home from an Estate Sale with some really cool stuff and trying to research them was a real nightmare. My searches returned items that had absolutely nothing to do with what I have...even the titles did not have the item name in it. What a shame (or should I say "what a sham).
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I agree. eBay has become less than user friendly.
classical vintage for everyone
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

When I just used the word conoco at least it returns 1293 results
anything from Maps to thermo coffee cups, Advertising pour cups
not all just signs and oil cans
But adding the word coaster does just bring the results for 3 items 1 shirt, 1 panel toy truck & 1 banner but them all the other shirts are gulf, Buick, champion spark plugs

Why on earth not anymore of the over 1K Conoco items ?

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I've tried every which way I can think of, even on google, bing and dogpile.

Nothing even on worthpoint

The suckers are heavy - about 1 1/2 lbs, not your average lightweight throwaway ad coasters. Probably given out to station owners back when maybe.

But you'd think they'd show up somewhere.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Did you even list them because I searched your store and they're not there?

If you didn't list them, I think you're giving everyone a false impression that this situation is proving eBay Search is faulty.  I think you're just surprised that you're the only one to have these coasters.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

No, I haven't listed them yet, I was researching (or trying to).

No, it's not a false impression. Like others all I got at first when searching was t-shirts.

There's PLENTY of Conoco stuff on here, so why was not any of that brought up on the first search?

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 15 of 23
latest reply