cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is everyone slow or is it just me ?

Is everyone slow or is it just me ?

I usually sell at least 3 items per day and there is always best offers or sales that were made overnight when i check in the morning.

I have not sold anything for the past 5 or 6 days and i'm down almost 40 percent now.

I have listed items that normally sell within a few hours and are not selling at all.

Is it just me ? Or is everyone down ?

Thanks,

Greg.

Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

Re: Is everyone slow or is it just me ?

I had taken off from December until March.  I came back around the first of March.   It's been up and down.   Sales have been decent,  but not great.   Also,  buyers don't seem to be looking to spending much money.  The lower items are doing better.   The high end stuff isn't selling that well.   I don't know whats up.   I wish it'd pick up.  

Message 2 of 119
latest reply

Yes, the lower priced items are selling but i'm not even selling those. I have sold 1 item for $10.00 and 1 for $25.00 in the past 10 days. I usually sell much more. It's starting to get me worried.

Message 3 of 119
latest reply

It's scary slow.

Seems like we are down more than 1/2.

Trying to put more listings up, but really losing any energy to list.

Not buying much any more.

Things are to iffy. If it stays like this, it truly will not be worth the effort.

Not making anywhere close to getting paid for our effort.

Yes, smaller dollar items selling, but the shipping is so high, ebay and PayPal are making more than we are.

Seems like to keep things rolling ebay could give a break on fees on shipping lower priced items.

Is it still possible to have a "white envelope account"?

That is, shipping low weight items without tracking?

Message 4 of 119
latest reply

This is one of the most frequently asked questions on eBay for the last 20+ years.  It is impossible to determine if "sales are slow" without taking into an account what you are selling.   For example, if you are selling real Ferraris for half price, chances are your sales would be up.   If you are selling kitchen goods that can be ordered for less on another site, your sales may be down.   

As far as asking a question of "everyone", no one is qualified to speak for "everyone" and 99.99% of everyone are not reading this.    "Everyone" includes a LOT of people.  

Not trying to be a smart ass about it, there just is no proper answer for that vague of a question.  

Greg

Message 5 of 119
latest reply

Slow as a snail just looked at my impressions and sales conversion rate and it's near null...so I'm getting pasted by...eBay must have some kind of system in place because we have ID numbers and such tagged to our account...it's been aweful for me for a long time about 6 months...since I got butted out of my store...trade mark mistake purely innocent to it...set up too suggested by back stage helpers on the page templete...I've tried everything possible to check back in but no go...Just makes you feel left behind...we can look around and see the action...in and out off line blogs...it's so sad when you really are working hard and it's just going nowhere...

Message 6 of 119
latest reply

In response to your post not everyone is having slow sales....but those that are have a right to a discussion about their slump in sales...

This is one of the most frequently asked questions on eBay for the last 20+ years.  It is impossible to determine if "sales are slow" without taking into an account what you are selling.   For example, if you are selling real Ferraris for half price, chances are your sales would be up.   If you are selling kitchen goods that can be ordered for less on another site, your sales may be down.   

As far as asking a question of "everyone", no one is qualified to speak for "everyone" and 99.99% of everyone are not reading this.    "Everyone" includes a LOT of people.  

Not trying to be a smart ass about it, there just is no proper answer for that vague of a question.  

Message 7 of 119
latest reply

Turtle speed all this week......

Message 8 of 119
latest reply

airbrushm
Adventurer

Things are slow...all over! I don't think the economy is as "good" as they all say!

Message 9 of 119
latest reply

I understand that " everyone" is a large group but this is way slower then usual. I also understand that i am a little dog in a big pack as well. It's comforting to see replys that are in line with what i'm asking, Comforting but still troublesome. Lets hope things improve soon for all of us.

Happy Derby Day !!

Message 10 of 119
latest reply

Happy Derby Day!!

Was just checking my account thinking well there will be no activity today because it's a BIG holiday.

Then realized its a big holiday Just in Kentucky.

The whole area has been in a party.

Message 11 of 119
latest reply

It would be very nice if sales totals were shared by ebay.

They are not.

so all we can do is ask each other.

We are small sellers, which may have more to do with sales than what we sell. It could be location and shipping. It could be what is seen by what part of the country.(do they show ear muffs in Florida?)

Point being, we don't know, and that's frustrating.

We will say that what we have been selling is a combination of a lot of things.

Collectibles (as much as the are collected now), vintage clothing and toys, Contemporary clothing, new and used, China, now getting ready to list a bunch earrings and some other jewelry.

So a variety of things.

Ebay does tell us the numbers of sellers and items for sale. That is up.

We didn't sell a lot back in the good old days, so just can compare the past two years.

And sales have just about stopped.

We so appreciate others sharing. We guess It's probably fairly small sellers that come to the boards for help.

We don't know what sales info is offered to the big guys by eBay

And those happy with sales are not looking at slow sales threads.

So, no, this is not "everybody" who posts.

But any knowledge we gain hopefully can be a good thing.

We remain so in the dark about what is happening with all ebay sales.

Message 12 of 119
latest reply

april was fantastic....crickets return

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 13 of 119
latest reply

@lindyslucky wrote:

It would be very nice if sales totals were shared by ebay.

They are not.

eBay does provide some broad market numbers in the Seller Hub for two primary categories where you sell.   And, if people shared those numbers then everyone could gauge how they stand.

For example, on one of my accounts, eBay reports that Cell Phones & Smartphone sales are down 9.4% the last 30 days compared with the prior 30 days ... and the last 30 days is also down 3.9% compared with this same time last year.

Message 14 of 119
latest reply

Its slow

Message 15 of 119
latest reply