cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY RELISTING ITEMS THAT HAVE SOLD OR I ENDED

I have been having items that I have ended, or sold. All of sudden sell again.  They do not show in my lisiting. So they are showing up somewhere for sale.  This problem has been going on for over two years.  Has anyone had the same problem?

I have addressed this problem to eBay, more times than I can count.  I am told it is a bug in the system. They are aware of it and are working on it.  I have to cancel the order, send the customer a note saying I am sorry this is happening and the eBay is working on.  Mean while it is still being counted againt me.  

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Been going on for over 3 years and no fix in sight. Use this tool to check your listings once or twice a week...   http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

OUCHY POOOH!!!!  you've got enough dups to earn a 30 dayer.....

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

i have had the same issue...  been going on for awhile, had one last week.  

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Thank you, I checked. Items listed have the same title, but different colorway.  These are not the items  popping up.  I have a pattern, that sold four times.  Once it is sold, it should be gone. It just kept selling.  I am finding each month,  what I sold four months ago, is showing up in my archived files.  ARCHIVED items, I am told, are aviable for sale.  

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

trinton@ebay.com, can you look into this and help this seller out?   She shouldn't continue to be penalized for an eBay glitch she hasn't caused and can do very little to prevent.   Thank you.

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Thank you

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

I assume this is a problem primarily with multiple quantity items because there is a delay between a sale and  updating the inventory quantity.  Ecrater has a similar problem even if there is no multiple quantity - it takes 20-30 minutes after an item is paid for (not sold)  before the quantity becomes zero. 

If it is a known problem and has been going on for a couple of years - I would find a way to work around it - like entering one or two items less than the inventory I have on hand.   

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

The pattern and most of the items re-saleing have been one only.  There has been no rime or reason.  I have talk and talk to eBay and everytime I am told they are aware of the problem and working on it.  I had an item which should two avaible, the custmer ordered both, and while she was making her payment the item went from 0 back to 2.  She had to let me know.  I have ened an item to have it show up two days later, while I was checking  other items.   

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

@livadia wrote:

trinton@ebay.com, can you look into this and help this seller out?   She shouldn't continue to be penalized for an eBay glitch she hasn't caused and can do very little to prevent.   Thank you.

trinton@ebay

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

Not weeks or months, it's been happening for decades.

The best way to deal with it is to make time to review your listings.

Put them in alphabetical order. That way the duplicates will jump out at you.

Delete all that you can.

Then immediately go to your Unsold Items List and delete them from there.

I also find that, for me, keeping a written record of sales is helpful. Not only is it faster to access than any eBay or Paypal record, but just writing it down helps me remember. YMMV.

I 'sold' two stamps this weekend that had been sold and shipped in January. So embarrassing. Fortunately philatelists are a mature and understanding bunch. Fingers crossed.

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

I keep track of everything, that is why I know things are just popping up.  I do not have dep. listings. I run through everything I have still to sell, everyother month.  That is why it is driving me crazy.  Everyone that I have to cancel, counts as check on my list.  Haven't seen top seller in over a year now.  

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Not weeks or months, it's been happening for decades.

The best way to deal with it is to make time to review your listings.

Put them in alphabetical order. That way the duplicates will jump out at you.

Delete all that you can.

Then immediately go to your Unsold Items List and delete them from there.

I also find that, for me, keeping a written record of sales is helpful. Not only is it faster to access than any eBay or Paypal record, but just writing it down helps me remember. YMMV.

I 'sold' two stamps this weekend that had been sold and shipped in January. So embarrassing. Fortunately philatelists are a mature and understanding bunch. Fingers crossed.

It's not always duplicates.

I listed a CD set last fall and sold it.  The next week it had reappeared after I had done a bulk listing.  I deleted it.  A couple of days later it came back and I deleted it.  Then i did a download of my listings to TL and it was in there again.  I deleted it one more time and it appears to stay gone, for now.

I have a few other items that sold again, but nothing like that one.

(*Bleep*)
Message 13 of 47
latest reply

I've had one like that too Rose. A while back now but it just kept reappearing in actives no matter how many times I deleted it. Finally stopped after a month or so.

Had one this month which relisted and sold and it was a MQ item which had sold both, yet still was active showing 1 sold (which I had to scramble to replace) and 1 available. Ended it but hope it doesn't reappear.

I've heard the Seller Hub can be a cause of relisted solds as well because of the way they have unsolds and solds together.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Ebay has so many problems: my unsold listings don't have the "Relist" next to it anymore, only "Delete" option. Wth??

Message 15 of 47
latest reply